What's new

two different coils with kit

lene

Postman
I got this new vape and it has two different coils with it. Why would you need two different coils? what do they do. Also theres wattage on it. Why would you need to change the watts? What does that do.

It's so you have a choice which one to use, some people like lower ohmage, some higher. It also means you have a spare when the first one burns out. I have no idea about wattage but somebody will be along to explain that in a minute, no doubt :)

I got this new vape and it has two different coils with it. Why would you need two different coils? what do they do. Also theres wattage on it. Why would you need to change the watts? What does that do.
Lower resistance (Ohms) means more power (Watts), more power means more heat, more heat means more vapour. Some people prefer bigger clouds, some people think it tastes better when it's not so hot... horses for courses mate, try both coils, experiment with different wattage settings until you find what works best for you.

the lower resistance(ohms) coil....may have bigger holes in the coil to enable using higher vg liquids at higher wattage.....what kit have you got?

what kit did you get and then we can explain it more.

any coil that starts with 1.x watts is a high ohm and will be a mouth to lung coil at low wattage (10-14) best with 50vg/50pg juice.

any coil with a 0.x watts is a low ohm coil for higher wattage and bigger cloud. 70vg/30pg is the average.

1.x can take much higher nicotine upto 20mg but most use 18mg or 12mg
0.x needs much lower nicotine average 3 or 6mg
each coil should have a range of the wattage written on the side. stick between these and the coil should last longer. everyone has their own sweet spot and some like lower than the recommended range. only you can work that out. start low and turn up a watt at a time (unless of course you have a fixed wattage mod then you cant change it.

The kit I got was the ikonn 220. I'm using 6mg nicotine.

I wouldn't worry bout the coils too much....just use the two of em..see which one you like best and re order that one.

Back
Top Bottom