What's new

Tips for new vapers

My two pen'worth on building although I'm new to it myself.
I wanted to check through some juices I bought that at the time didn't taste too clever, but I didn't want to change coil or clean tank after every test.
I got a spare subtank mini and 0.5 rba then wicked it and soaked it with enough of my daily juice to take a few pulls.
Happy the taste was ok I then pulled the wick cleaned the coil using a wire brush and a 510 mini tester rewicked and again soaked it with enough juice for a couple of pulls and repeated. I managed to get rid of a good 50% of the flavours I have kicking around.
All I've actually burnt through is the free cotton that came with the mini and not my cotton bacon and after a dozen or so tests I've got the amount of cotton used down. I've not had to clean the tank every time, and I can now get the residue flavour off the coil.
I then respected but this time putting a couple of ml in the tank to check the wicking actually draws juice in (Dry hits seem to be a really good way of checking this).
So after a couple of hours I've thinned out my juice collection, had some good practice at wicking and not actually destroyed anything that's cost me money.
Kit used :-
Kangertech Sub Tank Mini and RBA
0.5 Ohm coil (Came prefitted to the RBA) and freebie Kangertech wick
Juices were all 70/30 VG 0.6% nic and tested @ 30W on a Coolfire IV TC100

A tip from me would be to stock up coils to save yourself from being at work like I am with a completely burnt out coil :17:

= btw. where do you get your blunt needles from ? Do you know a good UK source ?

A little later for the party....
I got a pile of 1ml-60ml syringes and needles from my local vet. I explained I was making ejuice and not a junkie to them. I just blunted them myself with a grinder.
The only real tip I have is research and knowledge is the most valuable weapon one can have vaping. The more you know the less likely you'll get ripped off buying gear. Juice is another ballgame altogether, unless you DIY and know what you like to make one can waste untold amounts of money on shitty juice. I spent the first 2 years buying commercial juices that tasted like shit I would never reorder, last 3 years DIY and maybe tossed less than 100mls of bad mix combos.

Nice tip re. Grinding off the ends of syringes - I tried clipping them off with wire clippers = it doesn’t work / flattens the bore.

I got a pile of 1ml-60ml syringes and needles from my local vet. I explained I was making ejuice and not a junkie to them. I just blunted them myself with a grinder.

= “ oh, yeah, while you’re in there, could you also let me have a box of those horse tranquilizers.... - no, no, nothing like that, honest....” etc

Last edited:
Keep on hand at least 2 spare coils and at least three replacement glass tubes (and be careful to buy the right ones for your tank) because not having a coil handy when it inevitably burns out, or a spare tube when you inevitably drop your vape (I've gone through 6 in a month because I am a clumsy bastard) is definitely a tobacco temptation situation.

Tank holders. I'm sure there's a proper thing you can buy but here's a quick, cheap way to make something to put your loose tanks in.
  1. Get an empty 10ml juice box
  2. Open both ends and make flat
  3. Cut how high a box you want
  4. Close ends
  5. Bob's your mother's brother.
Tony

My spare Nautilus X and the Baby Beast off my AL85 all tidy :-)
aUqJ4NB.jpg

= it’s rather charming somehow - like when cats or dogs hide themselves in empty cardboard boxes, with their little heads peeking out the top.

Back
Top Bottom