What's new

Temperature Control Vaping

LordOdin

Veteran
How does it actually vape. I have seen video's of people who say it's the best way to vape then the people who use wattage mode tell them not to be stupid etc. I myself new to the vaping world have never seen anything that actually explains it in a beginners way. I have a couple of mods that have it but can't use them to not having a charger, but would like to see it explained to a noob beginner like me. Thanks in advance.

The mod works out, by the slight changes in resistance of the coil as it heats, when to drop the power, and up it again, to keep a constant temperature throughout the puff.

I’ve used it a bit on and off but honestly prefer power mode. TC seems flat to me, if that makes sense. I think I’m used to the gradually increasing temp you get with power mode.

But many people really like it.

Simple explanation:

The mod senses the temperature of the coil as you vape. You set an upper limit for that temperature. You can also set an upper limit for the wattage you apply to the coil.

As you vape, the mod applies your maximum set wattage to the coil, and senses it's temperature. If the temperature gets too high, the mod cuts the wattage, to try to maintain the set temperature.

Dry cotton burns at a certain temperature (above 420°F). If your coil never goes above that temperature, you won't burn your cotton if it dries out.

In practice, that means TC vaping is a smoother experience, and if your wicking isn't keeping up and the cotton is drying out, the vapour production drops off rather than giving you a dry hit.

I buy premade coils so the wicking doesn't affect me, from what I have learned this morning I know you can't use Kanthal for TC. I am not a cloud chaser and was wondering if TC vaping would be a good fit for me. Thanks for your replies guys, I am trying to learn as much as I can about this vaping lark and appreciate your input.

Personally, I tried TC and didn't care for it. The only thing I did like was using the Stainless Steel coils. Now that is all I use in my tanks and enjoy the SS coils in power mode.

Jerry

Was just exploring the different options for vaping, been reading and asking alsorts over the weekend, think my son switched his mobile off because of the amount of stuff I am asking him lol, I would of done the same in his shoes I suppose. I just find it interesting this time round, last time I vaped several years ago all these mods and different controls didn't exist and probably why I went back to smoking, the mods and kits this time round are epic and I actually enjoy vaping and want to learn as much as I can.

If we were influenced by the naysayers, we'd never try anything. What you got to lose?

Check out the temperature control section on the forum, enough information there to make your head spin!!
TC works for some but not others, its all about getting the set up right and it can be great.

I find TC has its uses, i mainly use it with drippers so that if i forget to drip it will cut out before i get a dry hit.
with tanks i can see the juice level so i don't really need it.

Back
Top Bottom