What's new

Sudden problems with all liquids I use - Bloating, Heartburn etc

dazza1975

Initiate
Hi

Looking for some advice, if anyone can help.

I have been vaping for a year now and am suddenly having problems.

I suffer with GERD (Reflux disease) but this is controlled with medication.

However, over the past few weeks, I have constant painful heartburn which starts as soon as I start to vape after waking up, and it just isn't going away. I am also having constant bloating.

I get my liquids from a variety of local shops, and have always done so, so the liquids causing this problem are ones I have always used, but seem lately to be causing me the problem. I thought maybe it was a specific liquid or flavour so I went to a different shop to try another one, and am having the same issues.

I have tried 4 different liquids in the past few weeks, from 4 different vendors, and still the same issue.

Have I suddenly become allergic to vaping? I have a decent unit, and have tried using different atomisers incase there was a problem with one, but its still not making any difference so I don't know where to go from here.

I am using other medications to try to make the heartburn go away with little success, the bloating is constant whilst vaping and its also making my tongue very sore, but I dont think I am swallowing liquid because I cant taste it in my mouth, I just dont know to be honest.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

Darren.

We as humans have a tendency to jump to conclusions and self-diagnose, especially when it comes to things that we don't understand on expert level.

Your issue can be caused by a multitude of things, but don't assume that it is 100% due to vaping otherwise you risk of overlooking a potential health issue and writing it off as "ill just change the juice and see how it goes in the next 2 weeks" while the issue gets worse. I would suggest you see your doctor and describe in detail what you are experiencing.

From what (little) I know, you may have an intolerance to certain contents of the juice that recently developed. IF this is related to vaping, then it is almost definitely to do with the juice.

Maybe you have become intolorant to pg!Try using 100% vg(you would need a dripper) if you are able to see if there is a difference.if that doesnt work try and use a juice without flavourings.You could be reacting with pg or the flavourings.But it is a good idea to see the doc.

^ This.

Try cutting the PG out. I got a reaction to it after 6 months of vaping. Worth a go.

Hi

Looking for some advice, if anyone can help.

I have been vaping for a year now and am suddenly having problems.

I suffer with GERD (Reflux disease) but this is controlled with medication.

However, over the past few weeks, I have constant painful heartburn which starts as soon as I start to vape after waking up, and it just isn't going away. I am also having constant bloating.

I get my liquids from a variety of local shops, and have always done so, so the liquids causing this problem are ones I have always used, but seem lately to be causing me the problem. I thought maybe it was a specific liquid or flavour so I went to a different shop to try another one, and am having the same issues.

I have tried 4 different liquids in the past few weeks, from 4 different vendors, and still the same issue.

Have I suddenly become allergic to vaping? I have a decent unit, and have tried using different atomisers incase there was a problem with one, but its still not making any difference so I don't know where to go from here.

I am using other medications to try to make the heartburn go away with little success, the bloating is constant whilst vaping and its also making my tongue very sore, but I dont think I am swallowing liquid because I cant taste it in my mouth, I just dont know to be honest.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers.

Darren.

If you have a dripper then you could pop to boots or your local chemists and get a bottle of VG, You can vape Pure PG with no flavours or nicotine - it's actually quite pleasant. A couple of days on pure VG will rule in/out flavourings and PG as causes of the problem. Let us know the result and we can give more advice from there. A note of caution, none of us are doctors, if the problem persists after a day or two of pure VG you should go to see your doctor ASAP...

If you have a dripper then you could pop to boots or your local chemists and get a bottle of VG, You can vape Pure PG with no flavours or nicotine - it's actually quite pleasant. A couple of days on pure VG will rule in/out flavourings and PG as causes of the problem. Let us know the result and we can give more advice from there. A note of caution, none of us are doctors, if the problem persists after a day or two of pure VG you should go to see your doctor ASAP...

Bloody good advise that my friend.

Also neat VG tastes ok. I've tried it.

Why not do - 1. Visit your GP and 2. Cut vaping out for a few days and see if your health improves.

dazza1975 it could be that the reflux has become worse totally unrelated but it's worth ruling out pg intolerance too... my grandad had GERD but his wasn't as bad and was controlled through diet.. my OH's mum had it and eventually had to have surgery as the medication just stopped working and hers was very severe... hope it is something simple that can be fixed. .. would speak to the docs in case you need to change medication as they can become ineffective after long term use... maybe a change of meds will help? Am not a doc but they should be able to advise you on best action. .. types of food to avoid etc as well as medication. ..

A small minority of people are allergic to PG and an even smaller percentage are allergic to VG but like others have said check with your doctor mate :)

Back
Top Bottom