What's new

Sub ohm? Sub 0.1? I’m confused

batcheldinho

hi guys!

So I have a Smok tfv12 running the dual coil rba (originally had the triple coil one, what a pain in the danglers that was), I have an aspire speeder mod. It fires 0.1 and above, however all the vape shops near me selling high quality handmade coils are 0.1’s. So by using 2 0.1s I end up with 0.05(ish) (possibly true). My box won’t work with the low of a resistance.

So my question/s are:

1) what mods will work at this resistance and is it recommended?
2) or should I be asking where can I source good coils eliminating the need to change mods?

3) I’ve never had good luck on the whole vaping front (possibly highlighted by the fact I have a Smok tfv12) what setups do people recommend that are rebuildable and non dripper for under £150

Many thanks, much love, happy clouds

1 - It isn't recommended tbh. I don't know of any regulated mods that fire that low, but it's not something I look for in a mod. I'd say go for some 0.3 ohm coils so with dual coils you're at around 0.15 ohms. Give yourself a little safety buffer.

1 - It isn't recommended tbh. I don't know of any regulated mods that fire that low, but it's not something I look for in a mod. I'd say go for some 0.3 ohm coils so with dual coils you're at around 0.15 ohms. Give yourself a little safety buffer.

Okay thank you, any recommendations?

All recent (last couple of years) DNA mods, Yihi mods and more recently mods like the Vapecige creator, Ijoy mods, Aegis Legend and the more recent Vaporesso stable fire below 0.1.

But unless you’re using meaty SS or ni80 coils in a big airy dripper it’s not necessary to be honest. I hover around .1 a lot of the time and sometimes my coils start off way below that before I’ve fine tuned them but as a rule of thumb, on a regulated, it’s not necessary for most vapers.

Would assume that those coils are 0.1 ohms when used as a dual coil so 0.2 as a single.

I would keep the total ohm above 0.12. If you are going with a dual coil build I would go with 0.24 or higher and 0.12 or higher for single coil.
The lower the ohms, the higher the wattage and the more strain they place on the batteries. You will drain the batteries quickly which creates heat and go through a lot of juice.

If you want a really decent mod, have a look at the SX Mini T Class for £90 at Ecigone, or if you want triple batteries, the Think Vape Finder for £100.

For tanks, we have to look to China for anything above 2ml, and one of the best RTAs ever made is the Aromamizer Supreme V2 for around £25 from FT.

If you are wanting to go below 0.1 then as far as I am aware you are looking for coils that only work in Temp mode like Titainium and Nickel and you will need a good mod. When looking at coils i.e premade ones they will generally be in a pack say of 10 and the resistance will be on the pack will be per coil. So for example I have some nickel coils which I hate and each one is supposed to be 0.2 which if I use two will come out at 0.1. However I have found there can be a 10% discepency with some coils especially with these nickel ones I have. I was actually running them in dual coils at 0.08 and it sucked balls. If you are just wanting wattage mode with dual coils about 0.15 is best imo so that would be 0.3 per coil. BTW @Smut does great Ni80 coils.

Back
Top Bottom