What's new

Siren 2 leaking problem

Hi guys,
Yesterday received Siren 2 and I've build it and filled up with juice. Today it is almost empty and there is small amount of juice on the table. Now I reasambled it and filled up again and I see a leak on the airflows.
Need help!
(Sorry on my english)

I only use the V1 not the V2 but it is the same principle
I can add just one more thing @Baskervill part from the above mentioned usefull tips you have to make sure your cotton does not touch the airhole(s) under the coil because that can cause leakage as well

Finally, I rebuild it 3rd time with much longer cotton (ends are touching base) and there is no leak at all... Now just need to find my sweet spot playing with wire type, thickness and wraps...
Thank you all!!!

Good luck with your builds @Baskervill
I allways use 3mm id coil in my V1 to have enough cotton to cover those wick chanels

I only use the V1 not the V2 but it is the same principle
I can add just one more thing @Baskervill part from the above mentioned usefull tips you have to make sure your cotton does not touch the airhole(s) under the coil because that can cause leakage as well

That's actually a pretty interesting note and could account for some my issues early on when juice was seeping out the AFC control, it hadn't occured to me the wicks could be making some contact with the air holes and creating a channel for the juice to flow into them, especially if you're building your coil right up close(not touching) the deck air holes.

The most recent revelation for me was to thin my wicks better and more(i thought i was doing fine, but continued to experiment all the same), i thought i had it nailed, but my last 3 builds have gotten better as i've spent more time pruning and thinning the ends out more(not too much, just enough the channel isn't choked).

That's actually a pretty interesting note and could account for some my issues early on when juice was seeping out the AFC control, it hadn't occured to me the wicks could be making some contact with the air holes and creating a channel for the juice to flow into them, especially if you're building your coil right up close(not touching) the deck air holes.

The most recent revelation for me was to thin my wicks better and more(i thought i was doing fine, but continued to experiment all the same), i thought i had it nailed, but my last 3 builds have gotten better as i've spent more time pruning and thinning the ends out more(not too much, just enough the channel isn't choked).

Turns out i actually had an issue with my last build drooping, presumably due to juice building up and causing the coil to sag/drop down(i had it built very close to the deck) and it ended up touching the deck over time, resulting in my ohm readout on the mod slowly climbing up and up, it went from 1.5 - 1.89 over the course of a day before i stripped it down and rebuilt, i'd had a solid week+ out of the build, so no big deal. No seeping from that build, but it's an instance of the build becoming problematic as result of being too close to the deck(literally touching in this case). Latest build i've built higher up, larger ID(35) @ 1.4ohm(spaced 27ga) this time and found where larger ID was problematic for me in earlier builds, i've solved any issues that previously existed by giving special care to thinning out the wick ends just right.

Back
Top Bottom