What's new

Self Mixing - Learn from my mistakes (and yours?)

Thanks. Have you only used 70/30 with them? I mostly use 50/50 so my liquid is significantly thinner than that. I need something with a needle point on it to make filling my Aiolos easier - it's a slow process dripping juice onto the filler and waiting for it to soak in :P

Yeah - they're fantastic especially the way they arrive, the dripper is inside the lid - so you just screw the whole assembly onto your bottle and it fits the dripper properly for you. They're completely worth the extra few pence. Although when I bought my scales I also had to buy about 40 of these and sit there for ages attaching them to all my flavours.

You could use pipettes like me? I used to buy plastic disposable ones but bought a set of these. Easy to clean and perfect for my use.
IMG_1870.JPG

I have tried 50/50 juices in them and yeah they are better but still not great, though I have to admit that it's easier than some of my bottles to fill, especially in a couple of my narrow fill top tanks (especially the Aspire Triton)

Possibly worth you taking a punt but buy a small amount to try.

To add to my above mistakes was bulk buying 50ml glass dropper bottles, they are useless for me, maybe useful for people who use RDTA's.

Best bottles I've bought are the Lucemill 50ml & 100ml bottles with twist drip caps, perfect for mixing. (but the twist tip is too big to fill most tanks)

Agree with mixing by weight, makes life much easier and less messy and more accurate imo, digital scales off eBay £5/10 also make enough to last 2 weeks ahead then the rest you make can be forgotten about and can steep if you think it makes a difference.

Last edited:
Yeah - they're fantastic especially the way they arrive, the dripper is inside the lid - so you just screw the whole assembly onto your bottle and it fits the dripper properly for you. They're completely worth the extra few pence. Although when I bought my scales I also had to buy about 40 of these and sit there for ages attaching them to all my flavours.

Ok, I ordered some this afternoon, 20 of them. They’ve shipped them and I have a day off tomorrow so if they come I’ll make some liquid. I also picked up some FA Catalan Cream, always meant to try this one. I should have added some plastic bottles as well.

I have some of those needle tip bottles, mine were from ebay. I think from a China seller if I recall. They are good, but the lids aren’t very strong and some of mine have split from screwing them on too tight. I’m sure you’ll find them on there if you have a look.

Last edited:
I got a load of the needle tip bottles from Ebay. I really like them - I've got quite shaky hands at times and they help me keep my mixes completely accurate by weight. They're fine with 50/50 juice (which I mix) but when I sent a few 70/30 mixes to a friend in them she claimed she lost the will to live filling her tank up :D

Aye they are only really feasible with 50/50, it’s a real labour trying to squeeze 70/30 juice through them!

I’m reminded again by this conversation of @eyeball kids insistence that we need a universal viscosity scale for e-liquid. I’ve got a couple of bottles of Nasty Juice Wicked Haze at 70/30 that’s thinner than my DIY 50/50

Ah ok so assume 50:50 at regular vg/pg viscosity rather than aqueous vg!

A universal viscosity for eliquid could be a good idea, for sure.

Back
Top Bottom