What's new

Samsung 25r Battery Amps

Still-Learning

Postman
So,

Here's another newbie question....

My batteries are Samsung 25r, I have read they have a max amp of 20. When I use my mod it varies but I'm always over 20amps on the screen...

Does this mean its unsafe? or have I got it completely wrong?

So that's 2 x 20 amp batteries then... :D

yeah I get ya lol. but wasn't sure if it worked like that.

I mean, the single battery mods can take tanks that need 90 odd watts, which would put them over the max amp. So I wasn't sure how it worked lol

So that's 2 x 20 amp batteries then... :D
Have I missed something? Batteries in series do not give double the amp draw. It gives double the voltage. Amp limit is still the same as if it was using one battery. Parallel gives double amp draw but the same voltage as one battery. Obviously it's not an issue as it's a regulated mod so hokus pokus stuff goes on but 2 batteries doesn't mean double amp draw.

Have I missed something? Batteries in series do not give double the amp draw. It gives double the voltage. Amp limit is still the same as if it was using one battery. Parallel gives double amp draw but the same voltage as one battery.

so Mitz, how does it work mate? if the max amp is 20amp, an with certain coils you go above that, how is it safe?

so Mitz, how does it work mate? if the max amp is 20amp, an with certain coils you go above that, how is it safe?

It's safe because you're using a regulated mod. If it was a mechanical mod you'd be pushing the batteries and opening yourself up to potential problems if you push the batteries too far above their amp rating. But a regulated mod has circuitry and protections. It's the same way as a regulated mod with a single battery can give out 8.4v instead of the 4.2v that the battery is rated for. Don't ask me how it does it bcoz I don't know but as long as you're using a regulated device you're absolutely safe. If it's ever unsafe the mod will just refuse to fire.

It's safe because you're using a regulated mod. If it was a mechanical mod you'd be pushing the batteries and opening yourself up to potential problems if you push the batteries too far above their amp rating. But a regulated mod has circuitry and protections. It's the same way as a regulated mod with a single battery can give out 8.4v instead of the 4.2v that the battery is rated for. Don't ask me how it does it bcoz I don't know but as long as you're using a regulated device you're absolutely safe. If it's ever unsafe the mod will just refuse to fire.

fair point. that's why I wont touch a mech.

Just really odd that the batteries are rated at 20amp, but yet most subohms go over the rated amps with the build they are using.

fair point. that's why I wont touch a mech.

Just really odd that the batteries are rated at 20amp, but yet most subohms go over the rated amps with the build they are using.

Yeah, not really sure how the mods work. With the volts I think it has something to do with cycles and the power they can use per cycle. As I understand it they borrow extra power during some cycles and pay it back by using less power other cycles which gives them a kind of power boost capability. Someone with more electrical knowledge will have to explain it as I can't. I may well be missing something here and if so I hope @speedfreek67 may be able to fill me in. As far as I know regulated mods in series don't have any extra kind of legitimate way to increase acceptable amp draw limit. It just gives what you ask for but protects you from fuck ups. You can get away with going over the limits of the batteries a bit because the mods have electrical safety systems to stop the mod working should things get pushed too far. Most batteries can tolerate much higher amp draw in short bursts. The 20amp limit is continuous discharge and we never use it continuously. We just pulse them and the limit for that can often be as high as triple the continuous discharge limit. As long as you're on a regulated device you really don't have to worry about it. At worst you'll just kill your batteries real quick. Most people using mechs look for closer to 30amp in their batteries like the VTC5A or HB6.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom