What's new

RTA Study

WASD in Blue

Achiever
Very early days for me (only researching atm) but I do have a question that has me puzzled, why in a RTA Tool Kit is included Non conductive Ceramic Coil Tweezers ? I would have thought work on a RTA would be done off the Mod and ESD (Electrostatic discharge) as in Computer Building would not apply. So sorry if its a dumb question but why Ceramic ?.

Usually when building coils you give them a pulse on the mod to make sure they are glowing evenly.

Often you will have to pinch the coils or adjust them, so having ceramic tweezers allow you to adjust the coil and pulse it simultaneously.

Because of thermal conductivity, ordinary tweezers would heat up fast and burn your fingers, ceramic ones are somewhat insulated thus no burnt fingers [emoji846]

They're not a neccessity though. In 5 years of of wrapping my own coils, have not needed them.

Useful for pinching the coil together whilst firing at the same time, or brushing and pulsing at the same time. Metal ones would short it out. The heat doesn't transfer through to the handle, but the ceramic gets bloody hot and I accidentally touched it once.

I'm in the same boat as OP, only MTL tank I can find in shops is a VandyVape RTA. Doing some research before using it, I am glad to see no reports on the interwebs about mods turning into pipe bombs due to incorrect building, while it hasn't been reported, is this possible?

A more on topic question, would it matter if I built the coil off the mod then put it back on mod when I'm ready to check that it's heating properly?

Lastly, if something's not quite right with the build, will my Aegis Mini fire it?

I'm in the same boat as OP, only MTL tank I can find in shops is a VandyVape RTA. Doing some research before using it, I am glad to see no reports on the interwebs about mods turning into pipe bombs due to incorrect building, while it hasn't been reported, is this possible?

A more on topic question, would it matter if I built the coil off the mod then put it back on mod when I'm ready to check that it's heating properly?

Lastly, if something's not quite right with the build, will my Aegis Mini fire it?

When you say the only mtl atty you can find is the vandyvape, what exactly do you mean? There’s loads of them you could choose from :)

Back
Top Bottom