What's new

RDTA experiences

RICHtea

Initiate
Hi all

About to get into rebuildables. Have been reading all your advice on my post in the newbies section..thanks to everyone who replied to me there...and I just have some questions about RDTA's.

From what I've read, they appear to be a fantastic idea and combine some of the advantages of RTA's and RDA's.

So, just a few questions...

Why do they not seem to be as popular as one may think they should be?

As a rule, is leaking a problem with them?

I read (on some other, rather snarky posts in another forum) that leaks are largely down to poor wicking, but as a newbie, am I not likely to wick poorly at first?

Do you guys like/recommend them, or as a first rebuildable, are they something I should stay away from?

Finally, can anyone recommend any decent RDTA's? As always with any tank, I tend to look for one that can hold a decent amount of juice, if possible.

Cheers!!

Rich

I think that there aren't many about at the moment as they have been out of fashion. These fashions come and go in waves. Potentially an RDTA should be ideal for a low watts MTL vape as the coil will sit higher and closer to the drip tip. Less chimney and so less flavour loss.

I am a Fan. :) My personal Favourites are the Taifun GX, The Aspire Kumo (Though some might argue it being a True RDTA :) ) and the Steampipes Cabeo, which is VERY similar to the Kumo, so possibly save your money and get a Kumo :)
I do agree somewhat with @rew, but I have my Taifun and Kumo set up for a restricted DL and run them at 30 watts day after day and they are Flavour Machines that keep me more than satisfied.
I would ask for views from the Guys and Gals using the Vapefly Brunhilde though, this I haven't trieed, but hear it's a Good Un. :)

I'm a big fan of RDTAs for MTL, though most of mine are ancient like the Galaxies RDTA. I like a tight MTL draw, if you do I'd look at the Ripley - a few on here have liked it. :)

......... and I've never had a leak issue with the Galaxies RDTA.

I'm a big fan of RDTAs for MTL, though most of mine are ancient like the Galaxies RDTA. I like a tight MTL draw, if you do I'd look at the Ripley - a few on here have liked it. :)

......... and I've never had a leak issue with the Galaxies RDTA.

I do with the aromamizer supreme v3, but its in the middle somewhere like the juice contol, so i gotta do the orings probably.

I was just looking at the galaxies, is it good (like for me)? Im in love with my sc aromamizer classic, its currently the only thing i want to vape, stock or rebuildable, despite ppl saying the wicking is tricky (it isnt at all). I like the air coming in from the side air pins so even tho the base heats up the vapor doesnt get too warm

Apparently getting the coil and base to stay warm inbetween hits does actually help wicking then it cooling off completely? Is that a real thing i read?

Last edited:
I do with the aromamizer supreme v3, but its in the middle somewhere like the juice contol, so i gotta do the orings probably.

I was just looking at the galaxies, is it good (like for me)? Im in love with my sc aromamizer classic, its currently the only thing i want to vape, stock or rebuildable, despite ppl saying the wicking is tricky (it isnt at all). I like the air coming in from the side air pins so even tho the base heats up the vapor doesnt get too warm

Apparently getting the coil and base to stay warm inbetween hits does actually help wicking then it cooling off completely? Is that a real thing i read?
I think you'd hate the tiny 2ml tank (unless you squonk with it)! It lasts me all day at work at 10 watts .............. :D

I think you'd hate the tiny 2ml tank (unless you squonk with it)! It lasts me all day at work at 10 watts .............. :D
Ive been think about that, but i have a damned vape mongrel, is this rda worth buying a mod for? apparently its pretty good as a squonk even tho i bought it for something else

Ive been think about that, but i have a damned vape mongrel, is this rda worth buying a mod for? apparently its pretty good as a squonk even tho i bought it for something else
It's my most-used tank, but they're hard to get now ....... and I like it because of the very tight draw I can get on it. I use a 2.5mm ID plain kanthal coil around 1.4 ......... for you, maybe .......... not so much?

Cool, now i have someone to pester with questions, lol

Back
Top Bottom