What's new

Premium brand concentrates

RICHtea

Initiate
Hi guys

Relatively new vaper (I have a thread in the new member section asking for rebuildables advice, so feel free to post any help there!)

But I just wondered about pre mixed concentrates. I want to get into mixing my own juices too, because of how much im getting through, and therefore the cost. But also because it sounds like a whole bunch of fun!

To start with, is it worth buying the pre mixed concentrates that some of the premium brands have now brought out? For example..I enjoy the dinner lady flavours and they now have concentrates.

Would this be a good way to start getting used to mixing pg/vg? Or would you just not bother?
I can imagine it isn't 'great' value, in comparison to creating your own flavours, and perhaps takes away the main element of why its enjoyable?

I've seen plenty of recipes around that look to replicate some of these brands..does anyone have much experience in doing that and how accurate are the finished juices? I suppose the answer to that is obvious..it depends!

I suppose I'm just looking for a bit of guidance as to how to start off mixing liquid..go for these pre mixed ones, or buy a select few flavours and follow a recipe, or indeed, just experiment?!
Sorry of that was a bit of a ramble,!

Thanks

Rich

I would personally say that is a great way to start doing diy mixing x As you already know what it tastes like, kick, clouds etc x and won’t be something that goes down the drain coz it’s just gross . someone will be along with more technical advice but I would say go for it x

totally agree.
i took the hard route. went out and bought over 50 single concentrates, syringes, pippettes etc.
then bought some scales which were 100% easier than drops from syringe.
lost the plot after a couple of months as most tasted meh, even after following 5 star mixes.
then i tried the one shots like you mention and things got so much easier. taste was much closer to ready made shortfills.

so for me the easy start guide is vg,pg,nic shots, cheap scales, pippetes and a handfull of one shots.
the main decission is do you want to buy say 10ml or 30ml ready mixed concentrate to mix your own or buy the one shots which are usually 250ml bottle with 50ml ready mixed to add the vg,pg,nic
only prob is if you buy the larger bottles and you dont like the final flavour youve wasted 250ml.

post 6 here is all you will need to get started POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

I would personally say that is a great way to start doing diy mixing x As you already know what it tastes like, kick, clouds etc x and won’t be something that goes down the drain coz it’s just gross . someone will be along with more technical advice but I would say go for it x
That's great. Thanks for your advice. That's one rick in the go right ahead column!

totally agree.
i took the hard route. went out and bought over 50 single concentrates, syringes, pippettes etc.
then bought some scales which were 100% easier than drops from syringe.
lost the plot after a couple of months as most tasted meh, even after following 5 star mixes.
then i tried the one shots like you mention and things got so much easier. taste was much closer to ready made shortfills.

so for me the easy start guide is vg,pg,nic shots, cheap scales, pippetes and a handfull of one shots.
the main decission is do you want to buy say 10ml or 30ml ready mixed concentrate to mix your own or buy the one shots which are usually 250ml bottle with 50ml ready mixed to add the vg,pg,nic
only prob is if you buy the larger bottles and you dont like the final flavour youve wasted 250ml.

post 6 here is all you will need to get started POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

That's seems like brilliant advice, thanks!
You mention that they get 'closer' to the flavours we know and love. Its not an exact replica then? I guess that depends on getting your quantities right and perhaps, steeping rime matters?
It felt to me like a good place to start, so it's nice that people agree with that.
Thanks again :)

That's seems like brilliant advice, thanks!
You mention that they get 'closer' to the flavours we know and love. Its not an exact replica then? I guess that depends on getting your quantities right and perhaps, steeping rime matters?
It felt to me like a good place to start, so it's nice that people agree with that.
Thanks again :)

Another yes to the pre-mixed concentrate route of getting into mixing. You will get instant rewards from doing that vs. following recipes and mixing multiple flavours, as that can be a lot more trial and error.

As far as replica goes, it probably is, but remember you are deciding how to mix the concentrate, so you may mix slightly different ratios of concentrate to VG/PG so it my be slightly different. To be fair I haven't ever compared, so I could be talking rubbish :18:

Go for it, you'll enjoy it, and save money while you're at it. Once you get the hang of that, you'll want to start buying individual flavours and following recipes. Good luck :2thumbsup:

Another yes to the pre-mixed concentrate route of getting into mixing. You will get instant rewards from doing that vs. following recipes and mixing multiple flavours, as that can be a lot more trial and error.

As far as replica goes, it probably is, but remember you are deciding how to mix the concentrate, so you may mix slightly different ratios of concentrate to VG/PG so it my be slightly different. To be fair I haven't ever compared, so I could be talking rubbish :18:

Go for it, you'll enjoy it, and save money while you're at it. Once you get the hang of that, you'll want to start buying individual flavours and following recipes. Good luck :2thumbsup:
Thanks man.

Yeah, I imagine its another reason why vaping can become such a brilliant hobby for people! Not only can you build your own hardware, but also the software that you're gonna vape!

With endless flavour combos, I'm looking foward to that day when I stumble across a flavour so delicious, that it's set to become a worldwide phenom!!

Here's hoping...

Thanks man.

Yeah, I imagine its another reason why vaping can become such a brilliant hobby for people! Not only can you build your own hardware, but also the software that you're gonna vape!

With endless flavour combos, I'm looking foward to that day when I stumble across a flavour so delicious, that it's set to become a worldwide phenom!!

Here's hoping...
all of us 'mixers' are chasing that same 'phenomenon' @RICHtea, most of us have failed (so far), to find it:17: But, on the up-side, it is a fascinating hobby !!

Back
Top Bottom