What's new

PG Allergy

capitanovapor

Postman
Hello there. (Hope this is the right section to post about this)

I've read that there are some vapers that are allergic to PG base. I don't know what the problem is exactly but here's my question: This allergy is triggered only when you vape a 100% PG e-liquid? Because there are e-liquids that use 50%PG and 50%VG, for example. It has to be 100%?

Thanks for reading guys

It doesnt have to be 100% as with other allergies, a smidge of PB mixed with Chocolate can cause anaphylactic shock...

IF you do have an allergy to PG, there are vendors that do 100% VG liquid so i am led to believe?!

IF you do have an allergy to PG, there are vendors that do 100% VG liquid so i am led to believe?!

I am not allergic to PG but I was curious because I have a friend who wants to start vaping but he is an allergic type and he knew about this so he is a little afraid :) The only thing to do is to search for 100% VG products just to be sure.

Thanks

I am not allergic to PG but I was curious because I have a friend who wants to start vaping but he is an allergic type and he knew about this so he is a little afraid :) The only thing to do is to search for 100% VG products just to be sure.

Thanks

Just to forewarn. Most 100% VG advertised juice...isn't. As the carrier for concentrated flavourings is PG, so depending on how much they flavour their juice will vary the PG content, always best to double check if they have every allergy known to the gods!

To be on the safe side, you can always ask a GP to test for specific allergies. Chances are hes probably all ready been exposed to PG as it is in thousands of household products.

Yes there are i'm quite allergic to the pg usually i use full vg with flawour in pg and the problem has disappared. But if you want aroma liquid in vg there is one germany shop that sell it : Club der dampfer maybe there are other. In italy some liquid company are starting the production sooner because there is demand by people with intollerance to the pg. Usually the pg problem are lugh irritation, gastric problem, skin eruption :D ( sorry for my bad engl) and dry mouth.

Just to forewarn. Most 100% VG advertised juice...isn't. As the carrier for concentrated flavourings is PG, so depending on how much they flavour their juice will vary the PG content, always best to double check if they have every allergy known to the gods!

Yeah, I thought about that some juices aren't 100% VG even if on the label is 100%.

To be on the safe side, you can always ask a GP to test for specific allergies. Chances are hes probably all ready been exposed to PG as it is in thousands of household products.

Right. Thanks for that. I forgot about that PG is in other products.

Back
Top Bottom