What's new

OBS CUBE

daws

hi,

I’ve just bought this to upgrade on my last one and I am absolutely baffled as to what’s going wrong... My coils (which came with the unit, and some other spares) have all lasted prob a maximum of 2 days. I prime the coil really to the max (with 70vg/30pg liquid) and then wait before I use it, but then after 2 days it gets to the point where I take a puff, and then I have to wait about 2/3 minutes before I can take another without getting a burnt hit. If I take a puff and unscrew the top I can see the cotton is dry and I can see it slowly start to get wetter and wetter until 2/3 minutes have passed and then I can take another hit.
It’s like the coil doesn’t absorb the liquid quick enough?
Does anyone have any clues as to what I need to do? Do I need higher PG liquid?

I don't have this kit and don't know what tank and coils this comes with, but from what you say the coils are struggling to wick the 70vg liquid. 50/50 juice certainly may help.

If you've been getting a burnt taste then the coil is done. There's no going back from that IMHO. Bin it and move on to the next one. Prime it well and once it's been primed, installed and the tank filled with juice and left to sit for 5 minutes then start at a low wattage and increase by a few watts every few puffs until you get the power you want. Start low and build the power up.

Welcome to the forum.

yeah I’ve been priming them pretty well, I even left it overnight once as it was baffling me that much.
I’ve poked some hole in my new coil I put in just in case that helps, but yeah looks like I’m most likely going to have to try some different liquids until I find the right one - trial and error I guess lol

hi,

I’ve just bought this to upgrade on my last one and I am absolutely baffled as to what’s going wrong... My coils (which came with the unit, and some other spares) have all lasted prob a maximum of 2 days. I prime the coil really to the max (with 70vg/30pg liquid) and then wait before I use it, but then after 2 days it gets to the point where I take a puff, and then I have to wait about 2/3 minutes before I can take another without getting a burnt hit. If I take a puff and unscrew the top I can see the cotton is dry and I can see it slowly start to get wetter and wetter until 2/3 minutes have passed and then I can take another hit.

I assume that the coils you are using in your kit are these:
upload_2021-2-3_10-56-20.png

If thats the case, I´ve good and bad news for you.
Good news are, those are compatible with a lot other coilheads. I tried almost all of them, I´d suggest:
Vaporesso GT Mesh 0.18
Hellvape (Hellbeast or supemesh 0.20) (this one is even better)
Hellvape H7-02 0.15
Wotofo Flow Pro 0.18
Smok V8 Baby mesh 0.18
Smok TFV9 mesh 0.15

Bad news, those OBS coils dont wick good with high VG liquids, and as a result of that, they dont last too much.

You can opt for much better coils ;)

I’ve poked some hole in my new coil I put in just in case that helps
Indeed, its a good idea and it usually improves wicking effect. You can also slightly scratch the cotton surface in the wicking holes, making it a fluffy effect (not much or it will pee all the way up)

Vaporesso GT Mesh 0.18
Hellvape H7-02 0.15
Wotofo Flow Pro 0.18
Smok V8 Baby mesh 0.18
Smok TFV9 mesh 0.15

Awesome, I’ll have a look at buying some of these. So would you say the supermesh 0.2 is the best of the lot?

The vaporesso seem to be the cheapest by a long shot so may give them a shot first lol

The vaporesso seem to be the cheapest by a long shot so may give them a shot first lol

I think they're cheapest as they only come in a pack of 3, whereas the others are 5 packs so may work out cheaper per coil depending on where you buy them.

Vaporesso GT Mesh 0.18
Hellvape H7-02 0.15
Wotofo Flow Pro 0.18
Smok V8 Baby mesh 0.18
Smok TFV9 mesh 0.15

Awesome, I’ll have a look at buying some of these. So would you say the supermesh 0.2 is the best of the lot?
Yeah I use them a lot coz I love em

None of those are bad tho.

Add to that list the Geekvape X1 (i´m a copy/paste lazy bastard :D)

Go for them, those will kindly surprise you. But as @JohnNada says, are the most expensvie ones.

hi,

Try professor vapes. They have the s1 coils which are meshed and last up to 2 weeks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom