What's new

Noob needs nic salt help please

Meatball

So my names matt, I'm new here and new to vaping though this is the third year where I've tried to ditch the rollie for the vapes, it never lasts long unfortunately, this time I'm more optimistic, nearly 3 weeks without tobacco now and its thanks to stumbling upon some 20mg nic salt vape juice which hits the spot and at the moment I'm not missing the fags, currently on a tobacco caramel flavour and I have some more flavours on order which should arrive in a few days.
My thinking is that I'll find a couple of flavours I like and then try mixing my own shortfall juice just to save cost a little.

So if I have a nicotine free 50ml short fill and put 10ml of 72mg nic salt in what do I end up with?

My current nic salt juice is 20mg and that level feels good to me though I wouldn't mind a bit more throat hit.

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, I did search the forum but nothing jumped out at me.
Also let me know if my plan is flawed in some way as I don't have an endless supply of money lol

20ml of 72mg added to 50ml will give you 12mg.

You’ll not get any throat hit from salt nic. Even at 46mg I find it too smooth. Have you tried standard nic at 12 or 18mg? That would give you a nice throat hit.

Thanks for the reply, yeah I've tried 12 and 18mg, the 18mg seems too much for me and I had settled on 12mg but I was yet to find a juice that was satisfying until I tried the nic salt stuff.
Do you know if adding 20ml of nic to 50ml of juice would affect the flavour too much? Like water it down perhaps? I'm guessing most shortfills are designed to be mixed with just 10ml of nicotine

It would water it down more than adding10ml but it’s worth a try to see how you find it. It might be ok.

What vape are you using? I am finding pods best for nic salts, especially the Aspire Cobble.

I vape 20mg and 10mg nic salts, the 10mg has more flavour, especially peach and orange flavours.

I've yet to try self mixing nic salts as a 10ml bottle lasts ages in a pod.

Throat hit, I don't get, only normal nicotine at 12mg mouth to lung gives me a throat hit similar to smoking.

You could try mixing salts with normal nic. 5ml salt and 5ml normal would give you 12mg in a shortfill and the normal nic will give you a bit more of a throat hit than the salts.

What vape are you using? I am finding pods best for nic salts, especially the Aspire Cobble.

I vape 20mg and 10mg nic salts, the 10mg has more flavour, especially peach and orange flavours.

I've yet to try self mixing nic salts as a 10ml bottle lasts ages in a pod.

Throat hit, I don't get, only normal nicotine at 12mg mouth to lung gives me a throat hit similar to smoking.
I'm using an aspire zelos with a 0.7 coil set at 23watts
Ive tried a few different ones over the years (cloupour and kangertech) but this unit is the first one I like, I prefer mouth to lung

That's seems like a good idea

I do it with my sub ohm juice at 3mg salt and 3mg normal. It's like 3mg normal nic on the throat but with the boost of salt nic.

I also use 15mg salt nic in my work vape. 20-30w dtl and it's quite nice too.

Back
Top Bottom