What's new

Nicotine Overdose & PG Allergy Symptoms

kojak

Postman
Well just after quitting I came out with a chest rush and also my chest felt a bit 'tight'.
Worried that vaping would not work for me and cause me more complications than it solved, I check out online for similar symptoms and I just discovered a world of people's experiences related to quitting, vaping, and how your body may react to it.

I was unaware of all these issues and I think new quitters should know about it, possibly to save them uneccessary worries, or ending up following the wrong path to solve any health concern arising from vaping/quitting.

In short, your body goes through a major change, to name a few,
blood flows more freely,>( gums bleeding , mouth ulcera, skin rush?)
lungs start rejecting all the sh*t that clogged them >( coughing ),
also the psycological change > ( reacting to stress, eating more etc).
Once your body has adjusted to the changes most, if not all symptoms should dissapear unless you have an allergy for example to PG (propylene glycol) and you might have to change the PG/VG ratio or avoid it alltogether.

But I am not an expert so my opinion and comments are not 'rules of law', so it would be interesting to have members adding any experience related to the above.
The more we know, the better we are able to pin point and solve issues that quitters may encounter with vaping.

Just a few links that can expand on this subject:
Nicotine Overdose & PG Allergy Symptoms

PROBLEMS WHILE VAPING: IS IT AN ALLERGIC REACTION OR A CESSATION SYMPTOM?

Quit Zits

I am sure there are tons more links out there.

Cheers Marcus

You are right, there are a lot of symptoms from quitting smoking that people mistake as symptoms from starting vaping.

good info @kojak and thanks for posting.

the worrying thing im seeing lately is the beginner or new user kits being advertized for first time vapers. this even includes mods like the smok alien which i would class far from being a begginer bit of kit as they all come with sub tanks and i wouldnt say a subtank with lower nicotine is the best starting point for anyone just attempting to give up.
the last thing they need is a direct to lung hit.
ive even had a friend send me a picture of his first bit of kit sold to him by a b&m shop in bournmouth. a high powered mech mod WTF!

beginners need to take baby steps first before they try to run.
a mouth to lung tank using lower wattage with higher nicotine is a must to ween new users off the cigs and let the body clear out all the toxins as mentioned above. this can take a good couple of weeks. coughing is one i suffered at first but it soon cleared up.
reports of headaches and nausia is a side effect of too much nicotine so chain vaping is not best at first. also keeping hydrated is a must so drinking water regularly will also help with dehydration.

I think this issue is one worth reviving regularly in the new user section. When I was in the first couple of months of vaping rather than smoking I'd see a LOT of posts here from people stressing about the 'side effects of vaping'. Coz I'd tried quitting so many times in the past using other methods of smoking cessation I recognised that the majority of issues people were experiencing were side effects of quitting smoking rather than being related to vaping.
I think what people have to bear in mind is that tobacco has so many chemicals in it that your body still suffers from a withdrawal shock even when you are maintaining nicotine intake.
Totally agree with MrDJ in saying that a lot of vape shops don't help people by automatically recommending the subohm tanks with higher end mods just coz that's the general trend of vaping atm. I started with a very basic mtl set up but didn't manage to quit 100% until I switched to dtl subohm vaping - despite this I still think a higher nic/more reserved mtl style of vaping is the best introduction for most people, something which vape store staff seem to be happy to ignore :(

the quitting process is different for each person.
for me it was 20-30 cigs for 35 years.
2013 tried 5 lots of cig a like and best was sky which lasted 2 weeks and then back on cigs.
february 2015 bought blu pro kit pen 18mg nic and gave up over night and not had a cig since.
2 weeks later bought istick30 and nautilus tank
a month later subtank mini and dropped to 3mg but still use the pen for the higher nic hit.

good info @kojak and thanks for posting.

the worrying thing im seeing lately is the beginner or new user kits being advertized for first time vapers. this even includes mods like the smok alien which i would class far from being a begginer bit of kit as they all come with sub tanks and i wouldnt say a subtank with lower nicotine is the best starting point for anyone just attempting to give up.
the last thing they need is a direct to lung hit.
ive even had a friend send me a picture of his first bit of kit sold to him by a b&m shop in bournmouth. a high powered mech mod WTF!

beginners need to take baby steps first before they try to run.
a mouth to lung tank using lower wattage with higher nicotine is a must to ween new users off the cigs and let the body clear out all the toxins as mentioned above. this can take a good couple of weeks. coughing is one i suffered at first but it soon cleared up.
reports of headaches and nausia is a side effect of too much nicotine so chain vaping is not best at first. also keeping hydrated is a must so drinking water regularly will also help with dehydration.
whilst you make some relevant points i feel there is a danger of projecting your own experience onto everyone. I think that everyones vape journey is unique as mine sounds so unlike your own. I was sold a nautilus to begin with that was ditched after 3 days for a subtank making the nautilus a waste of money and a quite unrewarding experience if im to be honest . Im not entirely sure i would have kept up vaping had MTL been the only option
Whilst I agree wholeheartedly that beginners shouldnt be given mechs to play with they should where possible be able to make an informed choice from the regulated devices and tanks available rather this than a presumption that we know whats best for them which inspite of its good intentions comes across as a little nannyish

whilst you make some relevant points i feel there is a danger of projecting your own experience onto everyone. I think that everyones vape journey is unique as mine sounds so unlike your own. I was sold a nautilus to begin with that was ditched after 3 days for a subtank making the nautilus a waste of money and a quite unrewarding experience if im to be honest . Im not entirely sure i would have kept up vaping had MTL been the only option
Whilst I agree wholeheartedly that beginners shouldnt be given mechs to play with they should where possible be able to make an informed choice from the regulated devices and tanks available rather this than a presumption that we know whats best for them which inspite of its good intentions comes across as a little nannyish
agree that this was my journey but as i said on the prvious post "the quitting process is different for each person".
i would of thought the transition from smoking mouth to lung cigs would be a mouth to lung tank just like the nautilus or similar as normally a quitter needs higher nic like 12 or 18mg to start with and i certainly wouldnt try that strength in a subtank. i still use my nautilus daily with speciffic juices as well as my many other subtanks.

just going by posts ive replied too in the last year from new members struggling with subtanks as 18mg is ripping their throat apart or not getting the same effect of smoking a cig like mouth to lung is the reason i posted above.

agree that this was my journey but as i said on the prvious post "the quitting process is different for each person".
i would of thought the transition from smoking mouth to lung cigs would be a mouth to lung tank just like the nautilus or similar as normally a quitter needs higher nic like 12 or 18mg to start with and i certainly wouldnt try that strength in a subtank. i still use my nautilus daily with speciffic juices as well as my many other subtanks.

just going by posts ive replied too in the last year from new members struggling with subtanks as 18mg is ripping their throat apart or not getting the same effect of smoking a cig like mouth to lung is the reason i posted above.
the issues seem to be born of a lack communication and education more than anything else I just think we should avoid saying something 'is a must'

Well just after quitting I came out with a chest rush and also my chest felt a bit 'tight'.
Just updating on this: the rush has almost cleared up, I lowered my nicotine from 18mg to about 15mg and the chest tightness has gone, I do vape a little more than before, I guess that's to compensate for the lower nicotine intake.
I have no idea if what I posted makes any sense, but there it is.

And here we go........, bought another T22,

31jY7s9tUUL.jpg

(Back up and/or two flavours on the go),

and a fancy Stainless Steel Large Rotary Rotating Swivel

s-l1600.jpg

Cheers Marcus

I think a bit part of this which has been touched on here is that a lot of b&m staff aren't too clued up and unfortunately a lot seem to be more focused on targets and money, however that's retail for you! Most people giving up by vaping will generally go to one of these shops and likely buy a juice and kit that will put them off vaping! That's why this forum is so important I guess!!!

Back
Top Bottom