What's new

Nic salts or freebase

Nxthan

Postman
Hi all, so about a year and half ago I went back to smoking cigarettes and I’m fed up with them.
I’ve gone back to vaping when I went to the store to pick up a new tank the person recommended me to use the falcon king tank on my ageis legend, I asked him as I was smoking 15-20 a day what mg would he recommend and he said 3mg... I was on 3mg before and it never really worked, and it’s the same again I’m having to
Go through a bubble tank to feel satisfied, what mg would you guys recommend.
Also is it viable to use nic salts as I’ve heard good reviews but not sure with sub ohming and if Nic salts are fine then what mg ?

My advice - if you want to stay off the fags or at least put them down for a bit is to try MTL and a higher Nic strength.

for me personally anyway

smoking has a throat hit - you may want to replicate that with a higher Nic

Nic salts are good for some not for others - again tho - the throat hit on them is less ... not sure if that’s what you need at the minute.

Hi all, so about a year and half ago I went back to smoking cigarettes and I’m fed up with them.
I’ve gone back to vaping when I went to the store to pick up a new tank the person recommended me to use the falcon king tank on my ageis legend, I asked him as I was smoking 15-20 a day what mg would he recommend and he said 3mg... I was on 3mg before and it never really worked, and it’s the same again I’m having to
Go through a bubble tank to feel satisfied, what mg would you guys recommend.
Also is it viable to use nic salts as I’ve heard good reviews but not sure with sub ohming and if Nic salts are fine then what mg ?
All depends really, if you like the throat hit you get from vaping then you would have to go with freebase as nic salts are alot smoother on the throat, if it's the nicotine you are after then nic salts are faster hitting your cravings, much the same way cigarettes did, it's a faster delivery of nicotine but doesn't tend to last as long, I cant comment on that as generally I've only ever used nic salts, couldnt get on with freebase

In my sub ohm tanks I use 3mg strength nic salts, 1No. 10ml 18 or 20mg nic salt shot into a 50ml shortfill will give you approx 3mg strength

In my pods / allinones I use 20mg nic salt liquids 10ml flavoured ones you buy as you arent taking a massive intake

Also as an aside - I think being advised 3mg as a stop smoking level of Nic always seems to fail - from experience.

we always start off stop smokers on higher strengths, MTL to start with - then once they have kicked move them into lower and DL if that’s what they want.

Also as an aside - I think being advised 3mg as a stop smoking level of Nic always seems to fail - from experience.

we always start off stop smokers on higher strengths, MTL to start with - then once they have kicked move them into lower and DL if that’s what they want.
Would I be able to put a mtl tank on my ageis legend ?
Sorry I’ve only every used dtl tanks

You can put a mtl tank on your legend, no problem there. For me I like 12mg freebase in an mtl tank (kayfun lite, and hastur mini is what I use) , it gives a nice throat bump without being overly harsh. From my experience a 10mg Nic Salt is just as satisfying, but less of a throat hit, I also use these regularly. 20mg Nic Salt in a mtl rta gives a satisfying hit, with the presence of a throat hit, and smooth, this is my morning and work setup where I may only need a few puffs at a time. Personally aswell, it was a few months of vaping before I started to appreciate 3mg in a sub ohm set up, and now I rotate between 3, 10, 12 and 20mg dependant on mood. But I think it's worth trying an mtl rta with either 12mg freebase, or a 20mg Nic Salt. :) good luck.

P. S. I was in about the same as you, 15-20 a day

Yes. The Legend is just the unit that supplies the power so an MTL tank at the correct wattage for tank and coils will not be a problem.

Yes - a mod is pretty much just a battery to fire a tank - just keep the watts down :)

Last edited:
I have no opinion on salts, never having tried them.

Imo when trying to get off the fags the right level of nicotine is as high as you can handle.
if it is too harsh or is hitting you too hard then step it down.

Once you have broken the smoking habit and the urge to smoke has subsided then is the time to start reducing the nic strength.
Starting on 3mg seems like nonsense to me though i am sure someone will be along to say it worked for them.

I started quitting on 3mg freebase.
Not far into it I went to 6mg fb.
Not long after that I went to 9mg fb.
Then I jumped to 18mg and started to see some real results as far as quitting tobacco.
So I got some 24mg and quit the same day I got the 24mg fb.

I was mtl vaping at 14watts. Maybe if I was DL vaping at higher watts 4-6mg mightve worked.
I was a 42yr smoker so DL wasnt a great option for me. MTL was comfortable and familiar and higher nicotine mg's worked for me.
I go between nic salts and freebase now. Theyre different to each other, freebase feels stronger to me mg for mg but nic salts seems to hit faster.

Nic salts tickles my throat and makes me cough, freebase is smoother for me at lower mg but at higher mgs gets quite peppery and a bit harsh.

I now use 3mg freebase mtl and about 4.5mg nic salts mtl

Back
Top Bottom