What's new

Newbie - First Ecig Advice

dragonbreath

Postman
Hi guys,

After trying some friends e cigs i've decided i'd like to buy my first.

Two recommendations from friends were:
- Joyetech eVic
- X Cube Mini

Do you think either of these would be a good choice for a beginner or are there better options?

Thanks !

Hi and welcome to the Planet.

ive got the xcube2 and if the mini is anything like its big brother then its a great mod.

few questions need answered first though.
do you still or did you smoke and how many and for how long. this will help on others advise on strength nicotine you will need.
would you prefer the mouth to lung first so just like smoking or are you after big clouds as then that would be sub ohming and need different tanks.

and for recommended hardware suppliers check out the bottom of first post here https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...-trusted-e-liquid-suppliers.78467/#post858319

Hi

Do you currently smoke?
Do you want an ecig that is a similar experience to smoking? Or do you want to blow clouds and get loads of flavour?
Do you want to charge it via USB or via a dedicated charger?
Does the size of the device matter?

Hi and welcome to the Planet.

ive got the xcube2 and if the mini is anything like its big brother then its a great mod.

few questions need answered first though.
do you still or did you smoke and how many and for how long. this will help on others advise on strength nicotine you will need.
would you prefer the mouth to lung first so just like smoking or are you after big clouds as then that would be sub ohming and need different tanks.

and for recommended hardware suppliers check out the bottom of first post here https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...-trusted-e-liquid-suppliers.78467/#post858319
Thanks for the reply!
Yes i'm still smoking at the moment - 20 roll ups a day (a lot more on a weekend if i'm out drinking - 60+)
The e cigs i've tried have all been direct inhales so yeah, i think i'll go with sub ohming :D

Hi

Do you currently smoke?
Do you want an ecig that is a similar experience to smoking? Or do you want to blow clouds and get loads of flavour?
Do you want to charge it via USB or via a dedicated charger?
Does the size of the device matter?
Nope size doesn't matter and I don't mind about charging, either is ok.
The other questions i've just answered ^^^

Thanks

Thanks for the reply!
Yes i'm still smoking at the moment - 20 roll ups a day (a lot more on a weekend if i'm out drinking - 60+)
The e cigs i've tried have all been direct inhales so yeah, i think i'll go with sub ohming :D
@dragonbreath
60+ during a drinking session.
now this could be the issue.
as your on so many we would normally recommend 18mg or even 20mg nicotine to ween you off but that would be in a mouth to lung tank and not a sub ohm as almost (i did say almost) all of us are on 3mg or 6mg as it just gets too harsh on the throat with much higher nic. but there are a handful who do use 12mg and one that still subs 18mg but fek knows how.

i guess the easiest way to try is get the sub ohm and say 12mg and give it a go. if its too harsh then stick the subtank aside for a month and buy something like the nautilus and use 18mg then when you do get of the stinks and cut down the nic you can go back to the sub at lower nicotine.
its doable as i was a heavy smoker for 35 years on 20-30 a day. i liked a throat hit and started on capsten full strength. by the time i gave up i was on silkcut and gave up overnight with a vape pen and 18mg. 2 weeks later bought the nautilus for mouth to lung and a week later a subtank. nautilus i was still using 18mg but at home with the sub i was on 3mg within 3 weeks and that was 18 months ago.

good price of the xcube mini here for £29 and its free p&p http://www.sr-vapes.co.uk/Smok_XCUBE_Mini_75watt_Temperature_Control_Mod/p3034023_15497753.aspx

When I quit cigs (20-30 Malborough gold per day), I bought 24mg juice. I dropped this to 18mg pretty quickly when I progressed from a pen to a Nautilus.
I ended up with loads of 18mg juice - so I just carried on using it with my Triton 2 @ 1.0 ohm, and my Zeph & Cubis each at 0.5 ohms. I really never had any problems at all.
After 6 months I dropped to 12mg, which I still use. Just ordered my first batches at 6mg to give it a try.

Unless you're going to really low resistance coils, I think you'll be ok! As DJ says, buy some 12mg and try it. See how you get on. If it's harsh, buy a cheap MTL tank (you can still use the same mod) until you're getting over the cigs

Out of the 2 kits you have identified, personally I'd go x-cube. That's just based on personal experience (I'm sure plenty will disagree) but I have only ever purchased 2 products directly from Joytech, and both were seriously poor quality - so bad that I threw them out after a few months. If you are willing to look elsewhere, my favourite of the 'big names' would be Aspire - I've bought lots from them and it's always been of the highest quality.

Last edited:
another one worth a look is the coolfire100TC which comes with a tank for about £37
not sure of the difference in size between that and the mini x cube but to give you an idea between the full size xcube2 and the coolfire next to it.

IMG_20160619_194324.jpg

another one worth a look is the coolfire100TC which comes with a tank for about £37
not sure of the difference in size between that and the mini x cube but to give you an idea between the full size xcube2 and the coolfire next to it.

View attachment 100337
Bloody hell, how many E Cigs do you have? haha

Thanks for the advice chaps. Going to do a little bit of research into the bits of kit you mentioned and hopefully get something ordered up tomorrow !

Back
Top Bottom