What's new

Newb RTA Blotto, Wasp, Gear, Destiny or ??

WalterMelon

Initiate
I tried a few MTLs, isn't for me. I'm looking for a single coil suited for 30-40watts. A flavorful cool vape, that doesn't guzzle juice/would work with a single 3-3.5mm diameter coil (going for a loose restricted DL).
Does the Wasp Nano , HV Destiny. OFRF Gear, or Blotto mini fit that description?

All of those tanks would suit that. I vape at around there too and, at the moment, I'm using the Kylin mini V2 with a 3mm diameter ni80 fused clapton coil at about 0.35 ohms. That's perfect for me. Not a hot vape at all and plenty of flavour. The bonus with the Kylin mini is that it's top airflow so no leaks either.

I like the wasp nano but it's a bit small and can get warm with chunkier coils so perhaps the destiny might suit you better if you don't fancy the Kylin.

Hello WalterMelon and welcome to POTV :)

I can only speak about the Destiny as I've not tried the others you mention. I've got two Destiny's on the go in daily use. Each has a 0.45 Ohm KA1 Alien Coil with 3.0mm I.D. Set at 37.5W and with the Airflow half open I find I'm getting a nice cool vape and I think the flavour is good. I'm not sure about guzzling juice as I don't pay much attention to that.
Airflow is a wee bit noisy but I can live with it.

Good luck making your choice.

Hello and welcome!

I'll throw in a curveball for you - the GeekVape Zeus X Mesh. I run mine around 35-45W and it provides a nice cool vape with bags of flavour. It's a doddle to build and wick and not too thirsty for a mesh tank either. Airflow can be set from RDL to wide open and it's pretty much 100% leakproof too. I get around a week between re-wicks and up to a month between changing the strip itself. The one downside is that it takes GV's proprietary mesh strips, but you can trim a few mm of the WoToFo and OFRF strips to make them fit (or you can file the edges of the build deck to fit them without trimming). It is beat slightly on flavour by the Profile Unity Mesh RTA, but that goes through a lot more liquid and it's a little bit trickier to wick (not hard, you just need to trim it a bit more).

Mesh isn't for everyone, but I don't think I could go back to normal coils now... although if I did I'd probably go for the Kylin Mini V2.

The Gear is a great tank for flavour, but it does need to be filled constantly. The wasp nano seems very popular (but I’ve never tried it). Another one for your list is the Intake, but if I was going to but a single coil tank I’d go for the QP Juggerknot mini. Easy to build, no leaking, superb flavour and really good quality.

Good luck with your choice and enjoy!

The Gear is a great tank for flavour, but it does need to be filled constantly. The wasp nano seems very popular (but I’ve never tried it). Another one for your list is the Intake, but if I was going to but a single coil tank I’d go for the QP Juggerknot mini. Easy to build, no leaking, superb flavour and really good quality.

Good luck with your choice and enjoy!
Is the single could Intake similar to the others? It not on my list solely because the deck looks so different. Intake and nano are both cheaper here than the rest of my list. The Juggernaut isn't easily available in my area.

Hello and welcome!

I'll throw in a curveball for you - the GeekVape Zeus X Mesh. I run mine around 35-45W and it provides a nice cool vape with bags of flavour. It's a doddle to build and wick and not too thirsty for a mesh tank either. Airflow can be set from RDL to wide open and it's pretty much 100% leakproof too. I get around a week between re-wicks and up to a month between changing the strip itself. The one downside is that it takes GV's proprietary mesh strips, but you can trim a few mm of the WoToFo and OFRF strips to make them fit (or you can file the edges of the build deck to fit them without trimming). It is beat slightly on flavour by the Profile Unity Mesh RTA, but that goes through a lot more liquid and it's a little bit trickier to wick (not hard, you just need to trim it a bit more).

Mesh isn't for everyone, but I don't think I could go back to normal coils now... although if I did I'd probably go for the Kylin Mini V2.
I joined this site because you all have a friendly knowledgeable community. But I live in New Jersey, US. Out Local vape shops are closed major online retailors stopped shipping here, the upcoming ban will prevent any shipping here.

I'm stuck with RTA's that will work well with coils I can make from spools of simple round wire.

I joined this site because you all have a friendly knowledgeable community. But I live in New Jersey, US. Out Local vape shops are closed major online retailors stopped shipping here, the upcoming ban will prevent any shipping here.

I'm stuck with RTA's that will work well with coils I can make from spools of simple round wire.

That makes perfect sense mate. Gotta go with what's readily available.

Hopefully there will be some loopholes or other ways around the vape mail ban.

...I can only speak about the Destiny as I've not tried the others you mention. I've got two Destiny's on the go in daily use. Each has a 0.45 Ohm KA1 Alien Coil with 3.0mm I.D. Set at 37.5W and with the Airflow half open I find I'm getting a nice cool vape and I think the flavour is good...

Is the destiny picky about wicking w/o leaking? From my original list, it has all the features I prefer, but also has a lot more complaints about leaking.

Back
Top Bottom