What's new

New To Vaping & Looking For Advice

Bobster_Rob

Initiate
Hello guys. As title suggests I am new to the world of vaping. I should point out to begin with that I have been a heavy smoker now for 25 years and 14 of those years I also smoked Cannabis quite heavily (No bragging here, best thing i did was kick it into touch) and I have tried a few times to quit smoking, from going cold turkey, to using patches and Gum, I even tried a E-cig once before, it was a cheap one and I have never before now been a whole day without a Cigarette. What a godsend these things are though. I'm a single dad and have had problems of a night with my breathing so I really wanted once and for all to kick the habit. I went into a local shop, E-Cigarettes I think they are called and bought myself a Halo Tank Kit 02. Best investment I ever made, I couldn't believe it, I have now been nearly a week without a cigarette!! I don't even have any cravings for one, I find it amazing.

Now I have tried many different flavours, I found myself surprised that I do not like the tobacco flavoured juices, my favourite at the moment has to be Vanailla Ice cream with a drop of Rhubard Custard. But I do plan to experiment with many more. My question is, after a week I am looking to upgrade already, not sure if there is something better? I do enjoy MTL, I have always enjoyed smoking so this best replicates it for me. I am looking for something that gives off a good coud but is also good for producing flavours. I have looked around the web for the best mtl devices and I get confused with the lot of it. I see just some of the tips available, and then these big battery tanks on others and I really am not sure what is compatible with what. I am not rich so I dont want to waste money on buying the wrong things? Are there all in one devices I could buy? I know you can swap and upgrade these things but its knowing what goes with what, or am I better of staying with this Halo one I have now?

Sorry for such a long post, I do realise there is not a lot of info on the dangers of long term vaping but in my eyes its got to be better than inhaling all the tobacco smoke that I used too. What is suprising to me is I thought I would develop a cough with all the crap that I expected would come out of my lungs, but apart from the initial cough I get from the 1st vape of the day I get nothing. So I am guessing that maybe as I am still inhaling something into my lungs, its not gonna get any better?

Many thanks in advance and any help or advice would be fantastic

Rob

Welcome to the forum, current research shows vaping is 95% SAFER than smoking.

You wont go wrong with an istick power (inbuilt battery and goes up to 80w) and a nautilus for a mouth to lung kit. I admit you would want two isticks so you can have one on charge whilst vaping the other.

Have a look at fasttech they are a china online shop but with good prices (trying to keep costs down for you as you are a parent). If you buy from FT make sure you buy everything seperate as if something is out of stock they will keep all the order back; something else could then go out of stock.

Or if you do have the spare cash then we can suggest uk shops.

Welcome!

Agree with Miss Pepper - the iStick Power is brilliant (here) - good internal power supply with nonexchangeable batteries.

For a tank - I like the SMOK Baby range and a good example of FastTech (here) or Amazon (here) they're excellent tanks - note the difference in price in UK vs China (but also note the longer delivery time etc).

Another good option is buying an all-in-one kit such as this one on FastTech (here) - this includes the SMOK baby tank I've already mentioned but also the bottom battery (Mod) kit as well! Via FastTech this is around £38 all in, but you would need to buy the external batteries (18650 like these) to use within it - but they recharge and last for a longggg time.

You replace the coils in these tanks, and these can be found here, but each coil will last you for quite a while!

A video review of the Alien 220 and BabyBeast review can be found here.

My sincere advice is that you invest in the initial hardware and it will serve you well - it's a LOT cheaper in the long run vs smoking. Personally, when I gave up smoking, I chased after something like the device above because I enjoyed the feel of smoking, so it sounds like you want something that's going to be able to give you lots of vapour production and flavour and nicotine delivery - these devices are made for such a purpose. There ARE models available at a 'lower' end than the Alien and Baby models mentioned above, but if you're serious about moving to vaping, I reckon you'll be getting them in the long run anyway!

The other thing is, you'll enjoy a good product and the effect it gives - so look at your initial £40-50 quid well spent; I guess it's the equivalent to £8 for 20 cigs... so doesn't take long to become cost effective...

Also - if you don't mind spending a bit more money by not ordering off FastTech, google your nearest good vape shop and go to them for a demo of their products and instant purchase. I just like the products above from personal use and experience. From experience, FastTech CAN take a while to deliver your products, and if you do - remember to pay for the $1.50 extra for speedier shipping, I think it helps marginally!

Keep in touch!

When it comes to the mod there are two main choices - how much wattage it fires up to and whether you take out the batteries to charage or just plug in the whole unit. I run several mods that all take the same batteries, so I prefer that but you do then need to buy batteries and charger separately. If you're happy to charge the whole unit then you won't do much better than @Miss Pepper 's suggestion of an istick power. I agree on the Nautilus too - it's a great MTL tank. :)

Just to add that the Smok baby range are popular, I know, but are more DTL tanks. :)

When it comes to the mod there are two main choices - how much wattage it fires up to and whether you take out the batteries to charage or just plug in the whole unit. I run several mods that all take the same batteries, so I prefer that but you do then need to buy batteries and charger separately. If you're happy to charge the whole unit then you won't do much better than @Miss Pepper 's suggestion of an istick power. I agree on the Nautilus too - it's a great MTL tank. :)

Just to add that the Smok baby range are popular, I know, but are more DTL tanks. :)

Sorry - yes - neglected to mention - they are more direct to lung DTL devices :-)

For MTL vaping mods are far less critical (because you won't need high wattage) and you can really go for whatever you like the look/size/feel of.

almost anything will keep you going all day (and maybe more)

I'll recommend either an aspire NX75 with a samsung 30Q cell or a Snow wolf mini plus (with a 3000mAh cell built in) ... I don't have anything bad to say about either of these, solid quality mods.... but like I said too much choice really as they'll almost all do the job.

For a tank... anything that will take an aspire 1.8ohm Nautilus coil. .... Nautilis 5ml, Nautilus mini, Nautilus 2 or a Kabuki (or Kabuki clone) ...or Triton mini even maybe. ... it's pretty hard to beat for a MTL stock coil.

What is suprising to me is I thought I would develop a cough with all the crap that I expected would come out of my lungs, but apart from the initial cough I get from the 1st vape of the day I get nothing. So I am guessing that maybe as I am still inhaling something into my lungs, its not gonna get any better?

Many thanks in advance and any help or advice would be fantastic

Rob

How quickly you may feel any health benefits will depend on how much damage you've done by smoking, long term serious damage is very difficult and slow to repair, ...I can only advice seeking professional advice.

we always describe vaping as 'harm reduction' because that's what it is, reducing the harm that smoking does to us ... it's not a 'cure' for smoke and tar damaged lungs but it is widely accepted to be a lot lot less harmful than smoking, so if you were genuinely struggling trying to stop smoking (as I was) then it can only be a good switch to make.

I`ve been vaping over 3 years after smoking heavily & I`m a MTL vaper. I haven`t found anything better than the Naturevape Mini Pro. Another good one is the Smok Trophy V2 from Heaven Gifts. They are $8.50 each & come with 3 coils which you can rewick same as NV ones. Coils last for months if cared for.
When they do burn out I replace them with pre wired coils from FT. I haven`t bought any tanks for about a year & no coils for 7 months so makes it cheap. Also, the liquid consumption is very low. I go through about 4ml a day.

The mod (battery part of the set up) doesn't really matter as you are a MTL vaper, so you will be vaping at the lower end of the wattage range (although you may want to go with something with a bit more oomph in case you want to try DTL in the future). The important part is the tank, I agree with most of the above, try one of the Nautilus range, 5ml, 2ml or version 2. A lot of us have used these to give up the analogues. I still use one on a daily basis, although I mainly DTL.

Hi Rob. You've probably already found there doesn't seem to be a stand out kit or flavouring.
I started vaping 4 months ago with a small stealthy Innokin T18e, which was fine to find out that things have progressed since the useless cig-a-likes from a few years back.
Then shortly after I bought an Aspire Zelos and a few Nautilus 2 tanks. Smoking had killed my taste buds and having spare tanks I could chop and change flavours with h throwing it away.
I know you mentioned not liking tobacco flavours but would recommend RY4, which basically has a caramel taste. It's what has kept me off smoking.
And just a warning, don't get set on just one flavour. I'm suffering my 2nd belting of vapours tongue. I can no longer taste the caramel in my RY4, and so having to vape menthols and fruit for a while.

Back
Top Bottom