What's new

New to RDA Not performing Revenger X + Drop Dead RDA

RedTree2000

Hello new to vaping and POTV

So i decided to get another tank i have been using my basic setup Revenger X + NRG tank with GT Mesh coils i have been very pleased whit these , but then i decided i wanted another tank and i figured id try an RDA but i am having issues with it poor flavor and vapor production.

i got me some Pre built coils from Geekvape ''Framed staple fused clapton coils''

''26ga*2+(0.5/0.1mm+36ga)+32ga'' KA1/N80 0.3 Ω also you get a 0.25 Ω set (that im using)

Batteries -VTC5A 2600mAh 25amp Sony

So my issue is now i am not getting that thick flavor or any major clouds i feel my NRG is out performing this RDA and I'm also worried about safety i don't want the thing to explode in my face for pushing it to hard.

So now im running it as a single coil in VW Normal mode 65W it's showing 0.26'

I know that my wicking is not really the best but i figured even a mediocre work should at least have a little bit better flavor going but my main concern is safety how much can push my Coil/MOD?

Welcome to POTV @RedTree2000

RDA's rarely perform as good as stock Mesh coils in my experience, the vape is completely different and you should expect a more mellow experience, it sounds like your settings are about right for that coil though it's quite a beefy coil so will require more of a ramp up (preheat), you can afford to increase the wattage a little higher until you feel you are getting a warmer vape, if it's a hot vape you've gone to high, your coil is fused so will not 'explode' which is quite rare unless you shove 200 watts or something silly through it and even then the fuse wire should immediately stop it working.

I would try a simpler coil like a standard fused clapton and aim for around 0.3 ohms for a single coil, this works well.

Now for the bad news, the Drop Dead isn't too good for single coil as the airflow gets a little lost, it suits dual coil better, your battery is ideal so no problems there.
For a dual coil again try 2 fused claptons, if you have any Ni80 you should get a warmer vape as they ramp up faster.

For single coil I found the Drop Solo much better than the Drop Dead.

Last piece of advice is adjust the coil height to be a little lower if you can, also give it a primer puff or two to preheat it (basically a couple of puffs without inhaling).

Give us a shout if you need more info, but I am sure more advice will be offered.

Good luck.

Wow thanks for a great response i appreciate it!
So i sat down and installed the the thicker/wider coil in dual setup they are rated 0.25Ω and i am pleased with the wicking this time it turned out pretty decent from last time around, so this is what my MOD reads now

0.13Ω (60Watts experimenting here) one thing is that the ramp up time is very different from my GT Mesh in NRG this from what i understand can be fixed by a different kind of 'Fused Claptons'

again as a beginner am i running the risk of my batteries being overloaded and explode in my face?
even with the NRG tank and GT Mesh coils i haven't exceeded the recommended W that is labeled for them.

I know it may sound corny but i want a safe and fun Vape experience using a RDA and learn by doing.

Your Revenger X box mod is a regulated device which means it has a lot of inbuilt protections in its electronics which would prevent you from being able to do any harm to yourself or your batteries. In practice, staying under 100w on a dual 18650 mod will ensure your device runs without over-stressing the batteries. Whilst you should get a satisfying vape from your RDA, It might prove a little bit laborious to keep dripping on the RDA. If rebuilding is your thing, you might be interested in, and get a lot of fun from, the world of RTAs (Rebuildable tank atomisers) All the convenience of a sub-ohm tank like your NRG but with the fun and economy of an RDA.

Check here for more details of a typical device that fits the bill. https://ecigone.co.uk/products/geekvape-zeus-x-rta?variant=32140299370541

Hello everyone!

A little update since last time , i was not very pleased how my Pre-made coils worked long Ramp up time and overall did not taste very good,
However i finally made the step to get a Coil Master Kit V 3.0 and i made a 7 Wrap dual coil build with the included 24g kanthal wire they turned out at 0.38Ω im at 50W using my Regulated Revenger X MOD

and i noticed immediately an improvement in ramp up time and cloud production and the most important a smooth mellow flavor my question is can i experiment here on now on the wattage on my mod or what would be a recomended wattage to stay in? im pretty happy how it is now went from a dud to something that beats the GT6 coils on my NRG tank.
Yet again thanks for great responses.

Hello everyone!

A little update since last time , i was not very pleased how my Pre-made coils worked long Ramp up time and overall did not taste very good,
However i finally made the step to get a Coil Master Kit V 3.0 and i made a 7 Wrap dual coil build with the included 24g kanthal wire they turned out at 0.38Ω im at 50W using my Regulated Revenger X MOD

and i noticed immediately an improvement in ramp up time and cloud production and the most important a smooth mellow flavor my question is can i experiment here on now on the wattage on my mod or what would be a recomended wattage to stay in? im pretty happy how it is now went from a dud to something that beats the GT6 coils on my NRG tank.
Yet again thanks for great responses.

If you have an android it would be worth grabbing an App for coil builds etc. I use Vape Tool Pro, I think they have a free version, pro version was £4/£5 something like that. I whacked your build on it (assumed 3mm inner coil diameter).

Screenshot_20200221_195354_com.stasbar.vapetoolpro.jpg

* So the app is suggesting anywhere from 50-100 watts, you can do things the other way around so set you're preferred vaping temperature and the desired watts to use and it will tell you how many wraps to do when you build and loads of other stuff. :)
*An example of that below

Screenshot_20200221_201106_com.stasbar.vapetoolpro.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom