What's new

New mod - Considering RX2/3 or Smok Alien

TMC

Postman
Hi guys,

I'm contemplating getting the Wismec RX2/3 but I have a few concerns. I've read/heard that...

1. The 510 pin is really shit and that certain tanks wobble when fitted.
2. Wismec are dreadful when it comes to honouring warranty.
3. Build quality isn't all that great.

For those who own this device or the RX200S, what's your experience been like?

The other mod I was considering is the Smok Alien but I've heard that mod has paint peeling & build quality issues also.

I'm open to suggestions for any other mods. I'm finding it difficult to find a high wattage quality mod with few flaws.

I think the wismec 510's are ok, they just aren't very deep. Most of my tanks fit good on my wismec presa (which I believe is the same connection).. but that will depend on your tank.

and like you say the Alien has issues too.

I haven't watched this review yet but this is dual cell, 218w and pretty cheap at gearbest.

http://www.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_621876.html

worth watching the video to see what Daniel thinks of it.

I think the wismec 510's are ok, they just aren't very deep. Most of my tanks fit good on my wismec presa (which I believe is the same connection).. but that will depend on your tank.

and like you say the Alien has issues too.

I haven't watched this review yet but this is dual cell, 218w and pretty cheap at gearbest.

http://www.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_621876.html

worth watching the video to see what Daniel thinks of it.

this one looks ugly...

If you want to stretch your budget a little more, I've got a Minikin v2 with the rubberised finish - feels great in the hand and it's never missed a beat.

Otherwise, the Wismec Predator is looking fairly nice - early reports regarding the 510 seem to be connected to prototypes not the production version.

Having read and watched reviews, I think it'll have to be the Therion 166. It's stupidly stylish and seems to perform great.

Another Rx2/3 issue is the placement of wires / soldering.

Causing a check battery message, which requires you to undo the sled and resolder the wire

Back
Top Bottom