What's new

New and need advic

Smokey Gray

Postman
Hello, I'm rather new to vaping and need a little advice. I tried a few mods and the only 1 I liked was, eleaf istick 30watt with a nautilus mini with a 1.8 ohm coil. I knew there'd probably better, out there, but I thought I'd get that for now and if I really got in to vaping, then I'd possibly buy another better device and simply have 2. Then I have a spare, which is handy. So, I wasn't happy with the strong throat hit, I was getting since I stated vaping. That's why I was so unsure about it. Every time I tried some1s mod device, I'd cough my lungs up and hated it. In the end I just thought, let's give it a try. I soon realised, I'd been using 80%pg liquid. I worked out pg gives stronger throat hit and vg is smoother and thicker. I then tried a friends juice, with 60% vg and was amazed at how smooth it was. So, I thought I'd simply stick with a 60%vg. After I ordered the istick 30w the guy said don't use liquid below 50vg or it will leak. That was fine, as I was set on sticking to 60vg. I believed him, as the 80pg I am using on basic device, leaks. So, I go online shopping and I find a few stores with lots of brand juice. Start searching and I noticed the vg pg mix is mostly 70vg/30pg 80pg/20vg. With few other mixes like 75vg 90vg 100vg ect. As I now know, high pg leaks and hurts my throat too much. I decide to go for the 70vg, then it states that high vg is bestwith a sub ohm coil. I only have 1.8 coil in my nautilus mini on a 30w istick. I thought as I liked 18watts in the istick, it would be fine. I thought the only reason to sub ohm vape, would be if you wanted to produce more vape and if you wanted a warmer vape. So I searched on google, 'Can I vape a 70vg liquid using my istick 30w with nautilus min 1.8 and lots said yes, but you can't chain vape, or the coil will clogg up and give burnt taste. Some said they vape 70vg at 20w on a 1.8 coil, no problem. So I'm stuck thinking, do I need to sub ohm using 70%vg juice, or not. Like I said, I'm probably going to buy a higher wattage device, in near future. So, here's my questions
1. Can I vape 70%vg with my istick 30w and nautilus mini with 1.7coil? Is there even a way, I could make it work, for around 2months? Till I upgrade.
2.my istick 30w says it can sub ohm down to 0.4. If I buy say, 0.7 coil, would the 30w power be enough, to enjoy 70%vg? Keeping in mind, I don't care much about big clouds, just want pleasant vape. If not, then what's the best wattage mod to buy? 50,75 100?
3. Will a mix of 60vg/40pg vape ok in my istick 30w 1.8 coil? Was so hard to find 60vg,I just ordered 3 bottles so I really hope so. Thanks in advance.:2thumbsup:

Hello @Smokey Gray and welcome to the planet :)

1: Yes you can. I currently have 2 x Nautilus Minis with 70VG liquid in them and they vape fine. I wouldn't go above 14W with the 1.8 coil as you are likely to burn it out quickly. I use mine at 12W.
2: Yes your iStick 30W will be fine with the 0.7 coil. I haven't used the 0.7 coil yet but I think it should run at around 20W max
3: 60VG is perfect for the Nautilus Mini as is 50VG. I vape 60VG in my big Nautilus and it gives great flavour and vapour :thumbup:

Welcome @Smokey Gray that was a long post, I was reading it not really having any clear answers for you as I have only ever used rebuild able (diy) coils but then I saw that @scottish-jim had nailed it:)2

Hello @Smokey Gray and welcome to the planet :)

1: Yes you can. I currently have 2 x Nautilus Minis with 70VG liquid in them and they vape fine. I wouldn't go above 14W with the 1.8 coil as you are likely to burn it out quickly. I use mine at 12W.
2: Yes your iStick 30W will be fine with the 0.7 coil. I haven't used the 0.7 coil yet but I think it should run at around 20W max
3: 60VG is perfect for the Nautilus Mini as is 50VG. I vape 60VG in my big Nautilus and it gives great flavour and vapour :thumbup:
Thank you,
1 more thing, when filling the nautilus mini, for the first time. Do I have to prime the coil? Or can I simply fill the tank with juice, put a few drops of juice on the holes on the coil, screw tank up and let it sit, for a while, before starting to vape?

Thank you,
1 more thing, when filling the nautilus mini, for the first time. Do I have to prime the coil? Or can I simply fill the tank with juice, put a few drops of juice on the holes on the coil, screw tank up and let it sit, for a while, before starting to vape?
When I'm putting a new coil in I don't prime the coil. Just fill the tank and leave it to soak for 15 minutes and it's good to go.

Back
Top Bottom