What's new

Need help, Amp draw questions and a cotton question

Bluejackme

Postman
Hey Apes, i recently did a new build with Geekvapes triple fused clapton at 5 wraps 3.5 ID a dual coil and got .13 in resistance at 74w the amp draw is at 24amp is it safe to go up over 100+ w wouldnt it be very high amp draw,

I have a wismec RX Gen3 (3 batteries in mod) with Sony VTC5A batteries

On wismec homepage the product info says
Maximum Output Current: 50A
Output Voltage Range: 0.5-9V

Is it at 50 amp i should get worried?

Also the store was out of Bacon cotton and i had to buy Geekvape koh gen do cotton pads, never used pads before... i did peel of the top and bottom layer and wicked it, but it taste different from cotton bacon? Is it supposed to be boiled before use or is it just at the beginning the weird taste is there and will dissapear with time? Like a break in period?

Thanks!

at 100w the maximum amp draw you'll get is around 12A a cell, 100w on that mod is nothing with regard to amp draw. I think you are confusing yourself with irrelevant numbers.

It's a 300w regulated mod, you don't need to worry about using it at 100w with 3x 25A cells inside it.

at 100w the maximum amp draw you'll get is around 12A a cell, 100w on that mod is nothing with regard to amp draw. I think you are confusing yourself with irrelevant numbers.
So the mod is splitting the amp draw example at current draw 74w 24 amp = 8 amp per battery? Yeah im confused and dont want a blowing tank in my face ;)

So the mod is splitting the amp draw example at current draw 74w 24 amp = 8 amp per battery? Yeah im confused and dont want a blowing tank in my face ;)

yup, it's about 8.5A, and that's the Maximum amp draw, on a fresh set of batteries, it's only going to be about 6.5A.

Your are very safe, don't worry...

@Bluejackme you are doing everything right with the cotton no need to boil it or anything like that .Sometimes it can take a while for the cotton to soak in before you get the full flavour of the juice

some cotton takes a while to break in. I prefer kendo gold over bacon as i feel bacon doesn't last long and breaks down easily plus its bleached whereas kendo gold is natural cotton but can take a while to break in but have never experienced it breaking down.

Back
Top Bottom