What's new

Nautilus 2 Tank Leaking

Ruskie

Postman
I recently purchased the new Nautilus 2 tank, which is great by the way, but I am having trouble with it leaking through the air holes.

I'm going to strip it down later when I get chance to have a look. Is there anything in particular I should be looking for and what's the best way to go about cleaning it?
Is it possible that the O-rings that hold the glass in place are contaminated or is it likely to be something else that's making juice seep out of the air holes?

What are you doing when refilling? Don't have one myself, but as a general thing with topfill tanks make sure you're closing the airflow fully, refill, then tip tank upside down for 5s before using.

Cheers guys.

According to that video then it looks like it's a bit of a known issue with some top fill tanks flooding the coil, including this one. I'll give it a clean up later then try filling it and tipping it upside down as he suggests.

I'm still struggling with this.

I've followed the above advice and tried the method that Vic suggests in that video but this thing is still leaking pretty badly.
I filled it up earlier and just left it on a paper towel and the tank was as good as empty an hour or so later.
When I stripped it to have a look the outside of the glass was covered in juice yet the air holes seemed to be dry (it was resting on its side though).
Would this indicate that it's leaking through the seal as opposed to the coil being flooded?

I'm just wondering if there is something to look for or a specific way to maybe clean it before I go back to the supplier.

I've had a search but there doesn't seem to be much out there with it being a brand new tank. I've found stuff on problems with the old nautilus but I have one of those and have had zero issues with it.

can't help really I've had mine a week now and it hasn't leaked a drop from anywhere.... are you over filling it?

Just to be sure, is everything in place correctly, including the coil in nice and tight? I don't have the V2 Nautilus, but know with a lot of tanks if the coil is not screwed in properly this can cause leaking.

can't help really I've had mine a week now and it hasn't leaked a drop from anywhere.... are you over filling it?

I don't believe so. I left it just short of the max fill line, it was about the same amount that Vic used in his vid posted above.

Just to be sure, is everything in place correctly, including the coil in nice and tight? I don't have the V2 Nautilus, but know with a lot of tanks if the coil is not screwed in properly this can cause leaking.

Again, I believe so. I completely stripped it to clean it up after the first tank full leaked as it was in a sticky mess. I made double sure everything was seated and screwed together properly.

I'm just confused now as to whether it's a negative pressure build up causing the coil to flood when filling or if it's actually leaking through the seal.

I did find something last night about people sometimes having issues like this with the old nautilus and it was actually caused by bad BVC coils. It was an old post though so I'm not entirely sure how relevant that would be.

Guess I'll clean it up and try again, maybe try the spare tank that ships with it in case there's some kind of tiny defect I can't see.
Scratches head......

@Ruskie , that is quite odd seeing as you have completely stripped the tank, and made sure everything was correctly in place when putting it back together.

I doubt you are causing the coil to flood when you are refilling the tank, can you see if it is coming from the Airflow holes, or the seal? As if it is from the airflow holes, that would usually indicate it leaking through the coil down into the airflow. If it is the seal, you can replace the O-ring, or try the spare glass as you have already thought of.

I really hope you get this sorted soon, as it sounds very annoying not being able to pinpoint the issue.

Back
Top Bottom