• 1.8 Ohm Coil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0.7 Ohm Coil

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters

Chris Brookes

Postman
Hello Apes,

I know the Nautilus 2 is pretty good at relatively high VG liquids as stock MTL coils go.

I had presumed that of the two coils (0.7 & 1.8) the higher resistance would be better for high Vg liquids as it uses up liquid less quickly, giving more time to wick.

But, I was a local B&M store, and they said the reverse. That the 1.8 will be too cool and not use up the liquid quickly enough, and will get gunked up as a result.

Personally I use a Siren 2, but this is for my wife who is trying to quit smoking and likes the smoothness of the high VG... (and I can’t afford another Siren and she doesn’t like it anyway).

Advice welcome as to which cool would be better for high VG (70/30).

Thank-you

I would stick to lower VG with those coils ideally, but out of the two I'd use the 0.7 ohm coil. It's only my personal preference, I think 70VG needs a little more wattage.

For me it would be about the size of the wick holes on the coil. 1.8 coil would have smaller wick holes and may struggle with high VG, however have not tried it myself

For me it would be about the size of the wick holes on the coil. 1.8 coil would have smaller wick holes and may struggle with high VG, however have not tried it myself

both have the same sized holes.

.... anyway I've not had much luck with higher VG with any nautilus coil, but some people seem to do fine so it may just come down to the viscosity of the liquid because it isn't all the same even if it says 70% VG on the bottle and your vaping style.

I stick to 50/50 for the 1.8 coils and with the 0.7 I have found that the coils don't last aslong with 70/30 liquid but works a treat with 60/40

So for the 0.7 coils 70vg does work and works well but personally I find 60vg that little bit better

As above. High viscosity liquids are not at there best with the small coils of the nautilus but technically the 0.7 would be better as it creates more vapour and a warmer vapour at it's usual running wattage extracting more flavour from your liquid.

I threw the recommended wattage for the .7 coils out the window. My coils were lasting between one and a few days max at any setting between 18w and 22w. So I finally dropped the power to 15w. And after every 3rd or 4th tank I would remove the coil and flush it under a hot and fast running tap to clear any gunk. Seal the bottom hole of the coil and blow hard in to the top and all the water gets pushed out of the wick holes. There's so little cotton in the naut2 coils they finish off near dry. Cleaned the tank, primed the coil again, reassembled and vaped. My coils lasted a couple of weeks doing this instead of a couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom