What's new

My experience of a Stronger non TPD Nic pod device for grab and go

Dozwold

Postman
Hi All,

As much as I love and enjoy my squonkers and especially the Recurve, with 0.2 ohm alien coils and all that, because of the amounts of vapour I am very choosy with my ejuices and can only really vape a few very sweet Malaysian juices and have to rewick multiple times a day. I have tried over 100 juices and don’t like the majority. It does suck liking sweet ones, and is inconvenient especially for daily and pocket use and grab and go. Nasty feeling when I have to prepare and carry 3 rewicked Recurves, 3 batteries, some juice and keep everything ready the night before. I’m dreading going away for a couple of days the amount of preparation I would need to do, just to feel safe to never buy some cigs ever again...

Anyway, a couple of weeks back, a friend from the USA came over and gave me a Stig device. It’s a tiny throwaway device but oh did it do the job. It has 60mg of nicotine in there compared to my 3mg which I currently use. It was amazing. Only a few lugs needed once an hour and kept my craving away. I still vaped my squonk at home, but the convenience was truly magnificent and the size is tiny. Kept it in my wallet and used it in my car, in the office (when no one was looking), on the tube (ahem). Was perfect in the summer when wearing shorts too. I was extremely grateful to remember I had that tiny pod thing in my wallet. I managed to live out every day without carrying spares, so every day one filled squonk, 1 prewicked RDA, 1 battery, (so no extras needed to be carried) and of course that pod in my wallet for a week until that pod died on me.

Since then I ordered the UK version, which has only 20mg of nicsalt compared to 60mg in the USA. I know it’s sounds a lot (compared to the 3mg we are all probabaly used to in our squonkers or tanks), but at 20mg it just didn’t give me the Nic hit I needed to rely on this as a secondary device as you only get a tiny amount of vapour compared (perhaps 10% of) to subohming and thus really did not satisfy my Nic craving. Had to take in 3 times as much as the USA version to get a ‘hit’ and before I knew it the pod finished in the same day and was in the bin. It seems like the TPD versions for these tiny and convenient secondary devices simply don’t give enough Nic nor battery life if any lower then 60mg nic.

So my question is, does anyone have any experience of ordering these devices from abroad into the UK? Is it legal or illegal to import for personal consumption or is TPD just for sellers and has nothing to do with buyers? If it’s ok, does anyone has experience of these ‘stealth’ vape devices and know of a reliable place that won’t cost an arm and a leg to ship or take a whole month to arrive? I’m actually considering either a bunch of these Stigs for grab and go, or getting a couple of Myles with some pods as they can be recharged and have the benefit of seeing how much juice and batteries you have in the pod so you don’t get that feeling of what if it runs out if I’m out and about. Anyone in the know knows that Americans are loving the Juul which offers a similar convenience.

Anyone else in a similar situation of have the experience of needing a secondary stealth type device but with ‘proper’ Nic?

Yes you cannot import it into the UK under the TRPR.

(3) In the case of a cross-border distance sale of a product to a consumer located in the United
Kingdom, the product is to be treated for the purposes of these Regulations as supplied, and
presented for retail sale, in the United Kingdom.

You could however do what I did, buy a JUUL (in the UK) and search eBay for the 50mg nic salts.

If you were to import them yourself, you'd likely be perfectly fine. If customs did seize them, they'd likely be destroyed and that would be that.

Last edited:
Hi All,

As much as I love and enjoy my squonkers and especially the Recurve, with 0.2 ohm alien coils and all that, because of the amounts of vapour I am very choosy with my ejuices and can only really vape a few very sweet Malaysian juices and have to rewick multiple times a day. I have tried over 100 juices and don’t like the majority. It does suck liking sweet ones, and is inconvenient especially for daily and pocket use and grab and go. Nasty feeling when I have to prepare and carry 3 rewicked Recurves, 3 batteries, some juice and keep everything ready the night before. I’m dreading going away for a couple of days the amount of preparation I would need to do, just to feel safe to never buy some cigs ever again...

Anyway, a couple of weeks back, a friend from the USA came over and gave me a Stig device. It’s a tiny throwaway device but oh did it do the job. It has 60mg of nicotine in there compared to my 3mg which I currently use. It was amazing. Only a few lugs needed once an hour and kept my craving away. I still vaped my squonk at home, but the convenience was truly magnificent and the size is tiny. Kept it in my wallet and used it in my car, in the office (when no one was looking), on the tube (ahem). Was perfect in the summer when wearing shorts too. I was extremely grateful to remember I had that tiny pod thing in my wallet. I managed to live out every day without carrying spares, so every day one filled squonk, 1 prewicked RDA, 1 battery, (so no extras needed to be carried) and of course that pod in my wallet for a week until that pod died on me.

Since then I ordered the UK version, which has only 20mg of nicsalt compared to 60mg in the USA. I know it’s sounds a lot (compared to the 3mg we are all probabaly used to in our squonkers or tanks), but at 20mg it just didn’t give me the Nic hit I needed to rely on this as a secondary device as you only get a tiny amount of vapour compared (perhaps 10% of) to subohming and thus really did not satisfy my Nic craving. Had to take in 3 times as much as the USA version to get a ‘hit’ and before I knew it the pod finished in the same day and was in the bin. It seems like the TPD versions for these tiny and convenient secondary devices simply don’t give enough Nic nor battery life if any lower then 60mg nic.

So my question is, does anyone have any experience of ordering these devices from abroad into the UK? Is it legal or illegal to import for personal consumption or is TPD just for sellers and has nothing to do with buyers? If it’s ok, does anyone has experience of these ‘stealth’ vape devices and know of a reliable place that won’t cost an arm and a leg to ship or take a whole month to arrive? I’m actually considering either a bunch of these Stigs for grab and go, or getting a couple of Myles with some pods as they can be recharged and have the benefit of seeing how much juice and batteries you have in the pod so you don’t get that feeling of what if it runs out if I’m out and about. Anyone in the know knows that Americans are loving the Juul which offers a similar convenience.

Anyone else in a similar situation of have the experience of needing a secondary stealth type device but with ‘proper’ Nic?
They is one with pods in the classified section and I'm sure if you pop along and buy that one the gent will tell you how to order more pods for it [emoji6]

Thank guys. I have read through the TPD docs and looks like it’s NOT illegal (e.g it’s not against the law and we cannot be open to any criminal prosecution) to actually be the end user of a device not approved by the TPD directive. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s my take on it. I obviously don’t wish to break any laws. I’m a good honest citizen that’s pays all my taxes and contribute when I can to our society :)

Thank guys. I have read through the TPD docs and looks like it’s NOT illegal (e.g it’s not against the law and we cannot be open to any criminal prosecution) to actually be the end user of a device not approved by the TPD directive. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s my take on it. I obviously don’t wish to break any laws. I’m a good honest citizen that’s pays all my taxes and contribute when I can to our society :)
They is a section in there about cross border sales and I believe companies that supply cross border have to be registered and can only sell compliant goods so I reckon they could confiscate your orders under this rule but as I've ordered nic from the states and not had a problem I don't think it's been acted upon so at worst you might get a order confiscated but you won't be arrested over a juul pod [emoji6]

Yup, definitely not a criminal act, at worst the goods would be returned to the sender and you would lose the postage costs etc. If anyone does buy form abroad there is nothing wrong with saying you are starting up or work for a vaping company and these are samples you have ordered in for testing ;) So they are a business to business sale and not a consumer sale so therefore aren't regulated by the TPD as that only covers consumer sales. That should be enough to confuse them!

I have been using pod systems a lot and the best one for me so far is the Aspire Spryte, will do a write up on it soon. With 25mg nic salts its a winner, going to try it with some 20 as well but shouldn't be too much of a difference. They are £20 or so, hold more than the Juul and, IMO, give a nice vape than the Juul too. I prefer the Spryte over the Nautilus AIO and Breeze - a superb vape. Too superb in some ways, not picked up a squonker for three months :D

Back
Top Bottom