What's new

Mixing juice to get desired mg

Clarejonno87

Hey everyone, I was wondering if I could grab some help.

I quit smoking last week after 10 years, and I'm feeling really positive about it. I have currently found 1 juice I like and can use without coughing everywhere and I am comfortable. The issue is I don't want to use this flavor constantly. The company that make it call it 50/50. Its 20ml of concentrate pg and vg. Then the maximum of nic salt is 4 shots to make 12mg. I'm cool with that however I don't like any of their other flavors.

I want to order from elsewhere, however I don't know how to mix it myself. 10ml bottles are a waste of money and if I add 4 nic shots to any other fluid mix I'm not sure I'll get 12mg.

As you can probably tell I am ultimately confused and frustrated. If someone could tell me how is best to achieve what I need I would be eternally grateful.

Thank you :)

As long as you're diluting the nic shots with the same volume of VG/PG you'll always end up with the same strength regardless of where you get it from since the nic will still make up the same percentage of the mix. For example if you buy a juice that is twice the volume of the your usual one and add the same amount of nic you'll end up with a juice that's half the strength. Can you let us know the exact juice you've got? Also congrats on kicking the stinkies.

I am currently using sweet vapes 50/50 buttermint. They just give you a 75ml bottle with a small amount of juice then you pop 4 nic salt shots in to make 60ml of 12mg.

So am I correct in thinking that if I pick up any 20ml of juice and mix 4 nic salt shots into it I was always get 12mg?

It's late, I'm tired, I could be wrong...

But I think what you are describing is buying "flavour or bottle shots" and then adding in nic shots to bulk it up?

This is not the same thing as the more common "short-fills" (usually sold as 50 or 100ml) which are a diluted form of "flavour-shots".

I've got a stash of 72mg nic and use short-fills, so not much use to you. Hopefully some other Apes can advise on where to get decent flavour/bottle-shots.

https://www.justvape247.com/murray-mint-bottle-shot/

I found this for you and it seems to be what you're looking for. The concentrate maker is kandi hed and they're not too bad so maybe try the 50ml bottle first to see if you like it and if you do you could get a bigger bottle at some point.

As said above you'd be looking for bottle shots, not one shots or shortfills as you would have to dilute the flavour in those too much to get any kind of taste. You might also need to get some VG and PG to top it up but if you're using nicotine shots you should be able to just pour those in as long as they're 50/50 based.

Last edited:
I am currently using sweet vapes 50/50 buttermint. They just give you a 75ml bottle with a small amount of juice then you pop 4 nic salt shots in to make 60ml of 12mg.

So am I correct in thinking that if I pick up any 20ml of juice and mix 4 nic salt shots into it I was always get 12mg?

like above, i first thought you was talking about one shots or bottle shots which you also have to add VG & PG as well as the nic shots/salts. these are uually mixed to 3mg or 6mg.

https://www.sweetvapes.co.uk/pages/50-50-super-short

looking at what you have ive not seen anyone else do them like this.
im guessing you have 20ml of concentrate in the 75ml bottle and all you have to do is add the 40ml 4 bottles nic salts to make it 60ml at 12mg

so the answer would be no, buying elsewhere would be different as most need vg/pg added as well and getting to a final mix of 12mg is not as easy as it sounds.

now having coffee so if im slightly wrong then please educate me :)

The problem with getting to 12% nic is that most if not all nic shots are either pg or vg only.
Since most concentrates recommend 20% you would need 10ml to 4 bottles of 15mg nic shots to make 50ml of 12mg juice.

10ml pg flavour concentrate (20%)
10ml pg nic shot 15mg nic
10ml pg nic shot 15mg nic
10ml vg nic shot 15mg Nic
10ml vg nic shot 15mg nic

This will give 50ml of 40/60 vg/pg 12mg nic liquid

Edit: please note this is for the maths only, I haven't done this myself

Last edited:

Yes, in terms of nicotine content. But you will need to use a concentrate, or "one-shot"/"bottle-shot", as you are diluting the flavouring a lot, and using that method you need a concentrate that makes up 1/3 of your final mix. Most are stronger than that, so I'm guessing your current vendor is making custom blends.

Normal juice is no use here - after dilution it will only have 1/3 of the flavour, as your final 60ml mix will be 2/3 unflavoured nicotine.

It is quite a complicated exercise using 18mg nic shots to make 12mg juice. I've sent you a personal message instead.

Last edited:

Yes, and you can use simple maths to check this.

Each of your nic shot bottles is 10mls at 18mg/ml strength ... so 4 bottles will contain 4 x 10 x 18 = 720mgs of nicotine.
Mixing that into 20mls of juice at 0mg/ml strength produces 720 (mgs) divided by 60 (mls) = 12mg/ml

Just wondering did you ever get sorted as I'm having the same problem

Back
Top Bottom