What's new

Mech Mods and Ohms

Always makes me queesy that video , hope he had a good dentist, let alone a plastic surgeon [emoji32]

Remember to pay attention when using regulated devices as well.
You ALWAYS have to know what you're doing.

exploded 2.jpg

It's not mechs that are inherently stupid, but people.
Remember that time your cigarette was the wrong way round?

Most likely. Many ways for a regulated mod to fail - charging unattended for example. I'm not especially confident a cheap regulated device is any safer than a mech in the hands of some folks. It's not as if you can kiss all your worries goodbye just because you're avoiding mechs. Thought it probably needed mentioning.

Most likely. Many ways for a regulated mod to fail - charging unattended for example. I'm not especially confident a cheap regulated device is any safer than a mech in the hands of some folks. It's not as if you can kiss all your worries goodbye just because you're avoiding mechs. Thought it probably needed mentioning.

of course. but without doubt if you don't know the way a mech works 100% then you are by far safer with a regulated mod.

of course. but without doubt if you don't know the way a mech works 100% then you are by far safer with a regulated mod.

Personally I think this needs clarifying to say a “good quality regulated mod”

I’ve had some downright dangerous shit off the slow boat.

Personally, I'd be inclined to find out a bit about aerodynamics before buying a plane.

Just sayin'

Everyone’s got to start somewhere. And whilst I agree that maybe this isn’t the best place to start I don’t think I agree with the advice of “just don’t bother”.

Maybe a better thing to do is to put it in a drawer for now and pick up something safer and easier to work with until the OP has built up some experience.

I like the Broadside clones. Proper non hybrid 510 and a Delrin lined tube. Much much safer.

Get something like that, learn ohms law and battery safety, get some experience with builds and get used to how the battery will perform.

Then when the OP had built up some confidence, then break out the smpl again.

I adviced to put it in a draw and leave it there coz asking what minimum and maximum to use clearly shows the OP has no clue at all so it's best to just put that mod away. I didn't give any other advice coz for one it has all been said before and I'm not one for posting the same thing that's been said multiple times. I didn't advice on getting a different tube coz the OP is clearly not ready at all to be buying a mech full stop and going off further questions asked by the OP I'll say again please put it in a draw and forget about it until he/she can ask a question where I know they have done some reading up and then comes back with a question on something they don't understand. I I will gladly help.

Ok I've done some researching. I'm getting home In a hour and done ohms law and run up my batteries on that chart by Mooch. I think mine is a different one, so I'll update you all then. It's CDR is 15, and my coil is 0.3 ohm. It is below the CDR. Like @crunchynut said, im going to put it away till you all think I'm ready. Thanks.
Also, that 5mm was a typo, I meant to put 0.5mm

Back
Top Bottom