What's new

Loss of flavour going from t22 to coolfire 4 ultra

Moho

Hi. Sorry im very new to vaping. Tried numerous rubbish pens to no avail before properly reading into everything. I bought an innokin t22 which is a decent starter unit but i felt that i needed a little more umph and control so the t22 has been demoted to backup/flavour testing and bought a coolfire 4 ultra.

Using the same t18e tank/coil/juice on the ultra just doesnt serm to produce the same flavour as the t22. Ive tried from 6w to 20w (i believe t22 is 14w and the coil is 1.5)

I have a nautilus 2 tank on order as well as the isub ve which came eith the ultra (quite like the sub ohm experiance but feel like the tank and coil are not the best)

If it is allowed would anyone be kind enough to link me to a chinese supplier for larger tanks? The 2ml just doesnt cut the mustard

I really appreciate any advice
Many thanks

It's the tank/coil/juice that produces the flavour. Mod is just essentially a battery pack, some variations in ramp etc. Unless you're using temperature control (don't have any experience with your kit, sorry) which brings more differences, so I can only think it's down to your wattage settings. Sounds like you've played around with this?
Sorry no help. A more experienced citizen will be along shortly, I'm sure.

As for tanks - variety! What are your preferences? Almost a tank for every need. Almost :)

Last edited:
As @steviebee has stated the mod only provides the power to heat the coil, it is the tank et al that produce the flavour, so I'm at a loss. If you're looking for Chinese vendors do a search for FastTech and GearBest, these are the most popular (but others are available), it certainly helps if you have an idea of what you're looking for, as you will need to use the search function.

Thanks very much for your responses. I presumed the battery/base was well.... just that the battery and all the flavour comes from the tank/coil but I have changed it back and forth a few times with the same results. It definitely tastes better on the T22. My only guess would be that as its a T18E tank it will be better optimised to that particular battery. Oh well I was just curious more than anything to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

Many thanks for the links, thats exactly what I was after. I have some rough ideas of what I'm after but thats part of the fun isn't it? trying out different mods :)

I appreciate your time.

Sketch out your rough ideas :)
We love a sketch!
I don't know your budget etc but...

Mods: you could do worse than a Voopoo Drag - a workhorse, powerful and fast.

Tanks - you want stock coils or build your own? Mouth to lung or cloud-chasey direct to lung?

Larger capacity than 2ml will either mean buying in from China (FT etc) or buying used.

Tons to recommend from us all when we know :)

Sketching time!

Sketch out your rough ideas :)
We love a sketch!
I don't know your budget etc but...

Mods: you could do worse than a Voopoo Drag - a workhorse, powerful and fast.

Tanks - you want stock coils or build your own? Mouth to lung or cloud-chasey direct to lung?

Larger capacity than 2ml will either mean buying in from China (FT etc) or buying used.

Tons to recommend from us all when we know :)

Sketching time!

Thanks alot stevie.

The coolfire ultra should br plenty for now to get me off the cigarettes.

What im after is one mtl tank and one dtl tank. Both large capacity (so from china), top fill and easily obtainable prebuilt coils. Also i am a very heavy smoker so im after some decent 'hits'. Bit confused to how much of that is down to the juice or the tank. Some of the tanks i currently have are great but i am often left wanting just a bit more.

For Dtl im looking at one of the smok prince tanks they seem very popular but perhaps you couls recommend one for Mtl?

Many thanks again

How about a mix of DTL/ MTL - restricted lung hit type?

Three modern tanks spring to mind (I like em all): Serpent Mini SMM, OBS Crius 2, or the Pharoah Mini.

People in the know also report very good results with the Cthulhu Hastor MTL, but so far I'm not having the same reaction: I need to try again. Same with the Berserker MTL. All are available from FastTech.

Prebuilt coils are easy enough to obtain (try Geekvape from FT) although not generally at 1 -1.8 ohms. Our own Smut is a great coilist and he can knock you up some custom coils to your specification with just a simple PM and Paypal payment.

PS...'decent hit' with MTL translates to min 12mg nicotine, then up to15, 18mg should you need/ want it. I usually stay at 12, but have 18 for work (short breaks so I'm looking for a fix!) or when I'm just feeling itchy and tense.

DTL - max 6mg or below (a lot find even 6 too much) or you'll be hitting the sofa pretty quickly! Lie-down time :) When I first dtl'ed 15mg (was all I had) I was flat on my back head spinning after 10 minutes, lol.

Just re-read your first post. The Naut2 you have on order will be fine for the above.

The nautilus 2 is a great little tank, but so is the s22 from jac vapour.
I also have the isub v and i must admit i enjoyed using it (until the coils gave out and i could t be bothered to buy more) . Nice slightly restricted lung hit, akin to a goblin mini.

My experience with the T22 is different, I can taste the flavour then I cant then its a burnt hit. If i put it on a mod but still at 14w I get hit after hit.

Back
Top Bottom