What's new

JacVapour S22 or VIM Mod & Tank

Hey!
Sorry late response!

New tank fixed any leak issues. Lol now I got vapours tongue and everything tastes sh*tty! Blah!
It comes with a 1.0 MTL.
I had both MTL and DL 1.0 now - and to be honest I'm still none the wiser!! I kinds just puff away all the same. Likely not best practice but I'm here to learn!
DL very noticeably airier - but again I feel I just adapt to whatever is in there. You might prefer MTL for a little tighter draw - I feel I personally enjoy that extra little resistance. Just feels right. Got a few more DL's so I'll be using them after this MTL and see if there's anything useful I can add!
Lol sorry I know its little help!

Sorry I am a bit late to this, and glad the new tank fixed the leak. One thing to be aware of with the VIM is always turn the tank clockwise, it's clockwise to fit it and lock it in, and it's clockwise again to unlock and remove it. If you go anti-clockwise the topfill mouth tip will loosen, and this releases pressure, when the pressure is released the tank will leak. The fact that a new tank fixed your issue, may have meant the bottom metal bit was not fitting correctly, I have seen this once or twice, the push fit was not tight enough and allowed a pressure leak. The easy way to check any of this, is to fill the tank half full and make sure the top is on tight, then leave out the device standing on a paper towel, if the liquid drains then there an issue with the seal somewhere and you need a new tank, if it's fine then it's an issue like overfilling or the cap loosening from being removed the wrong way, so it's something being done in use that allows the pressure release.

In regards to using the coils, they will last a long time and the standard coils s-coils (MTL, and DL) will cope with high VG, they are good with nearly all 70% VG, and actually manage 80VG for most, although some liquids like Bryns special sauce can be a bit hit or miss, for instance if you are an iron lung user and can suck a golf ball though a straw, it will struggle to keep up with 80% VG. The secret is to prime, we pack or cotton quite tight, this means anything 50% or over VG really needs primed. Best way to do that is 4 drops in the top of the coil, and a couple on each wick hole, that gets the the cotton well saturated, and you are normally good to go. If flood a coil by over priming, just flick it and it'll clear, so better to over prime than under for longevity. Also when starting a new coil, if you get any hint of burnt taste juts release the topfill (releasing pressure) and then re-tighten, that basically allows the liquid to flood into the coil, and re-wick quickly. You should not have to do very often, but I'll explain why it happens. If you look at the topfill mouth tip, it actually has a ridge running around it (a slight undercut), that allows pressure to escape, so that when you tighten the topfill, it doesn't cause a pressure build up, forcing eliquid through the coil, and in turn, a leak (many old style topfill tanks used to do this, some still do). Sometimes this ridge can get filled with eliquid, effectively causing a seal, this can happen if you get liquid all around the thread for the topfill when filling, with the ridge filled the tank effectively becomes completely sealed, and the rate at which it can wick is lessened, as air in is restricted and the pressure effectively reverses and stops liquid flowing into the wick, rather than allowing it to flow into it. In simple terms as you use liquid vaping, air needs to leak into the tank, to replace the liquid to balance the pressure to allow good wicking, Too much air, like the topfill not being tight and you get a leak, too little, like the eliquid causing an airtight seal and it doesn't wick enough.

Hopefully I haven't confused everybody, but basically everything can be avoided, by always going clockwise, priming and using a needle nose bottle to fill.

Last edited:
Thanks Iftkhar, I've gone for the 1.0ohm MTL coils. I've cocked up on my juice though so I've yet to use it, hopefully tomorrow and then I can give it a spin, tiny little device though, if it vapes as good as it looks, I'll be happy......

Rich
Cool yeah I hope it goes well for you - lol like someone said earlier every device has its own idiosyncrasies - I used the last of my DL coil yesterday and seem to be enjoying it!
It is a neat little device !

In regards to using the coils, they will last a long time and the standard coils s-coils (MTL, and DL) will cope with high VG, they are good with nearly all 70% VG, and actually manage 80VG for most, although some liquids like Bryns special sauce can be a bit hit or miss, for instance if you are an iron lung user and can suck a golf ball though a straw, it will struggle to keep up with 80% VG.

I've been using both the DLand MTL coils since I got the device - but seem to be burning out at around a week? Am I doing something wrong?
Is it best to keep to the same juice for optimal longevity? I'm a bit of a mix it up kinda vaper :) Lol would love to be one of those who get 2 weeks + from a coil!!

I've been using both the DLand MTL coils since I got the device - but seem to be burning out at around a week? Am I doing something wrong?
Is it best to keep to the same juice for optimal longevity? I'm a bit of a mix it up kinda vaper :) Lol would love to be one of those who get 2 weeks + from a coil!!
Should be getting 2-4 weeks min. As JV said if your sucking like your life depended on it the wicking wont keep up & burn the wick. Try opening the airflow up to help with keeping the coils cool. I DL on the 0.5ohm coil & they last me around 4-6 weeks with the airflow wide open.

It's probably your liquid flavour choice. My coils and wick are filthy black after 4 or 5 days and start tasting foul. When I used stock coils the longest I ever tolerated one was about 10 days.

I'd suggest that they aren't 'burning out' as you think, they are just getting dirty and nasty tasting.

If you want to test that theory, go and buy a cheap bottle of 50/50 unflavoured, plain mint or menthol liquid and your coil will last for months without getting dirty.

I've been using a 80/20 VG/Pg mix for a few days and seems to be going well although my plan is to get back to 50/50. I'm using the 1.0mtl coil and even with the airway open, I'm wishing it was a bit more free flowing, but I bought 2 boxes of the same, so guess I'll work my way through them and them try the DL coil, but don't want to go less than 1ohm as I'm trying to get away from sub ohm vaping.

All in all, I'm enjoying it so far, hopefully the coils will last.

I've been using a 80/20 VG/Pg mix for a few days and seems to be going well although my plan is to get back to 50/50. I'm using the 1.0mtl coil and even with the airway open, I'm wishing it was a bit more free flowing, but I bought 2 boxes of the same, so guess I'll work my way through them and them try the DL coil, but don't want to go less than 1ohm as I'm trying to get away from sub ohm vaping.

You can get away with MTL on the DL 1.0, it's more restricted than the 0.5. it's basically a halfway house between the 0.5 and MTL 1.0.

Glad its a working well and you're enjoying it! Lol yeah same I'm working through a pack.

Back
Top Bottom