What's new

Issue with Doom X dock get hot

Just rebuilt mine and ill give it 20 Minutes to soak in properly and give it a go.
See how far I've trimmed the cotton so it doesn't get fouled by the chimney.
Just enough give for it to fit properly.

View attachment 239570
Well this has made a huge difference trimming the cotton back this far.
Been vaping it all morning and no sign of it dry hitting anymore.
It's still a little muted on the flavour but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

Today try to make new wick like recommended this are pic. I give more cotton to push cotton on mesh and trim the left and right side to lover the ammount of cotton on both sides. Still something is clearly not good ;/
p.s pic was made after drain fully tank 5,5ml.

@Arawn1975! Yes it's mine it sit on the Ageis X and this ati was purchuased 26 december on damnvape store. Ati was ship to my cousin in Netherlands and back to me becose of my coutry law ;/ To proff you photo of ati on your post :)

Attachments

• IMG_0505.jpeg
    IMG_0505.jpeg
    522.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0504.jpeg
    IMG_0504.jpeg
    435.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0506.jpeg
    IMG_0506.jpeg
    651.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Still looks light on the cotton to my eyes. I think you need a thicker strip under the mesh. Needs to be packed tight under there because cotton sags. Maybe @StrawberryRipple can show you how thick the cotton strips are that he is using?

I've gone full circle on this now having upped the cotton amount from the 6mm xfibre laces right up to two pads of labo Scottish rolled and now gone right down to removing a 1/3 of a 6mm xfibre lace and the wicking is obviously keeping up better but cotton sag is worrying.
I've pulled that stupid bit of plastic out from inside the chamber as it was doing nothing (Edit..... Was noticeably restricting airflow) and I'll see how it goes.
My wicking is now more along these lines atm.....

Last edited:
Still looks light on the cotton to my eyes. I think you need a thicker strip under the mesh. Needs to be packed tight under there because cotton sags. Maybe @StrawberryRipple can show you how thick the cotton strips are that he is using?
I'd agree, looks like you need to pack more cotton in there, if using 3mm shoelaces id try with 3, if using cotton bacon prime, I used to use them with the profiles mesh and would take a 1/4 of the thickness of the strip off the cotton, this seemed to be banging with the profile, id try this with a full thickness cotton bacon strip if you have cb prime

Also when rewicking it, check you haven't deformed the mesh on the right hand side looking at the top view on your photo looks alot blacker there and could be down to a hotspot

I'd agree, looks like you need to pack more cotton in there, if using 3mm shoelaces id try with 3, if using cotton bacon prime, I used to use them with the profiles mesh and would take a 1/4 of the thickness of the strip off the cotton, this seemed to be banging with the profile, id try this with a full thickness cotton bacon strip if you have cb prime

Also when rewicking it, check you haven't deformed the mesh on the right hand side looking at the top view on your photo looks alot blacker there and could be down to a hotspot
The issue is it was tight ;/ I use 2/3 of single strip like use on profile unity. When i biuld it first cheack the red zones and there was nothing so next thing was to take 2/3 strip of cb prime and pack it and trim the right and left side to get less cotton there to keep the wicking. When i finish i take bottle and prime cotton and start with 30,42,50W there was nothing no red zone, no burn, no smell of burning I have one box cotton left for checking so i can use these or full one strip od cb prime but what notice is first few vapes are good no burn in it burn after 8 to 10 or first chain vape 3/4 times.

The issue is it was tight ;/ I use 2/3 of single strip like use on profile unity. When i biuld it first cheack the red zones and there was nothing so next thing was to take 2/3 strip of cb prime and pack it and trim the right and left side to get less cotton there to keep the wicking. When i finish i take bottle and prime cotton and start with 30,42,50W there was nothing no red zone, no burn, no smell of burning I have one box cotton left for checking so i can use these or full one strip od cb prime but what notice is first few vapes are good no burn in it burn after 8 to 10 or first chain vape 3/4 times.
This thing has juice flow control, right? You've got the tank turned so that the juice flow is wide open?

You're actually making me really want to buy one just so I can have a go at wicking it. :rotflmao:

Last edited:
This thing has juice flow control, right? You've got the tank turned so that the juice flow is wide open?

You're actually making me really want to buy one just so I can have a go at wicking it. :rotflmao:
One word.
Don't.
Think my next step is the Dremmel.

Tbh if the wick ports weren't recessed it would be very straightforward.
I think more cotton and trimmed to where I marked on the pictures would be right but the problem is getting the scissors close enough in there because the sides get in the way.

I'm thinking either open the juice holes up more or just use it with a 3.5mm single fused Clapton.

@Mitz I watched two video reviews on this the one I linked above and this one.
They're worth watching if just for the realisation that it looks like they don't seem to want to be doing the review for some reason :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom