What's new

Is my Voopoo drag mini battery faulty? PLEASE HELP

Stormotron

Initiate
Hi all,

I'm new here so apologies if I've missed some community guidelines but I do have a burning question.

Here's my story:

I went into my local vape shop and said I was looking for something smaller than my current mod but with better battery capacity and a vape that will last me all day if not longer.
The guy at the counter said, the Voopoo Drag mini is the perfect device for you.
My current mod has a capacity of 2500mah and it typically lasts me all day, sometimes during the night if I'm chain vaping, it'll run out just before bed.

So upon the shopkeepers recommendations and me doing a lot of research on the Drag mini, I eventually decided to go for it.
From day 1 the battery fully depletes by mid afternoon everyday.
I haven't changed my vaping habits and I'm not really running at a considerably stronger wattage.

I run the drag mini at 50w with a 0.15ohm freemax fireluke coil (previously tried the N2 coil that came with the mod, same issue), I vape first thing in the morning with my coffee, have maybe 3 vape breaks at work no longer than 5 minutes each, vape on my lunch break and then by the afternoon I'm all out of juice, battery juice that is.

I showed the shopkeeper a series of photos of the mod next to my watch when I realised this was an ongoing pattern.
For example:

15:29 - Battery at 2 bars
15:30 - Battery at 1 bar
15:34 - Battery fully depleted

Is this to be expected of a 4400mah battery or am I going mad?

I want to go and get a refund or exchange tomorrow as he's already had an engineer take a look at it and can't spot any faults but I'm not so sure on the mods integrity anymore.

Thanks for taking the time to read and thanks in advance for any advice!
Cheers.

"My current mod has a capacity of 2500mah and it typically lasts me all day, sometimes during the night if I'm chain vaping, it'll run out just before bed."

At 50w too?

You suspecting the prior setup was mtl too Si?

hi
ive not got that kit but on a single 18650 at 50watts it lasted me 1 hour 10 minutes.
50watts is quite a drain especially with a freemax.
wait for others to reply but you might be best getting a dual battery mod.

hi
ive not got that kit but on a single 18650 at 50watts it lasted me 1 hour 10 minutes.
50watts is quite a drain especially with a freemax.
wait for others to reply but you might be best getting a dual battery mod.

I had the mod (passed in onto a friend who needed one) I thought it had pretty decent battery life, but yeah I vape 10-12w and I was getting over a day, maybe a day and a half at a push. At 50w that's almost asking for 5x the power.

I know it doesn't really work like this but ... a fifth of a day and a half might be about right? :D

"My current mod has a capacity of 2500mah and it typically lasts me all day, sometimes during the night if I'm chain vaping, it'll run out just before bed."

At 50w too?
I typically use it at 45W, sometimes bump it up to 50.

My drag mini with a profile unity on top at 60 watts will last me from 8am till around 6pm. Going out for a 5 minute vape break almost every hour or so.

So if you are using the same tank at the same wattage that you used to use on your old mod it may be an issue.

Is it the same tank, same coil, same ohms?

Back
Top Bottom