What's new

In need of a little advice on RTA's

I've never tried the Zenith, just found a review of it though,, it doesn't look bad, and the fact the coils will last more than a week is a BIG plus for me, and the biggest reason why I'm asking this in the first place. Although according to the review I just watched, it doesn't come apart completely, which obviously makes it harder to clean and prevents you from changing the glass, which I've broken a few times on other tanks... usually trying to put them on surfaces that aren't there, and other general clumsiness:18: But it would mean a whole new tank with that, should that happen.

I'm still thinking of giving RTA's a try though, been curious about them for quite a while, but I can't get the nagging feeling about how fiddly they are, and how difficult I'm probably going to find it..The True Tank looks pretty good overall. I just watched a review of that too, Although I don't like the look of the fill holes that are always open, and just seal with a silicone piece underneath when you close them I foresee problems with it in the future. But I reserve the right to be 100% wrong there :hmm: One things for sure, there's quite a lot of good options.

I've never tried the Zenith, just found a review of it though,, it doesn't look bad, and the fact the coils will last more than a week is a BIG plus for me, and the biggest reason why I'm asking this in the first place. Although according to the review I just watched, it doesn't come apart completely, which obviously makes it harder to clean and prevents you from changing the glass, which I've broken a few times on other tanks... usually trying to put them on surfaces that aren't there, and other general clumsiness:18: But it would mean a whole new tank with that, should that happen.

I'm still thinking of giving RTA's a try though, been curious about them for quite a while, but I can't get the nagging feeling about how fiddly they are, and how difficult I'm probably going to find it..The True Tank looks pretty good overall. I just watched a review of that too, Although I don't like the look of the fill holes that are always open, and just seal with a silicone piece underneath when you close them I foresee problems with it in the future. But I reserve the right to be 100% wrong there :hmm: One things for sure, there's quite a lot of good options.

The zenith is almost bombproof mate...the amount of metal protecting it, means you'd have to be very clumsy to break it. I've dropped mine a few times on a solid floor..and it survived just fine. Yes, cleaning it out is an issue, all one can do there is remove the base and coil, open the slide top (very easy to fill that way), and flush it out with warm water. I have used a few cotton buds to clean out the chimney...but that's it. Hasn't detracted from doing it's job. The coils is also extremely easy to change, as it just a pop out and pop in a new one again..no screwing it in. Performance is not bad, does depend what coil you'd put in it...i bought the 4ml version from Le Petite Vapotuer and a couple of boxes of coils for around £30. I'm still haven't got through the first box yet! Mine seem to last forever...not weeks..byt months, but that's just me. I'll admit, i don't vape it everyday, so that prolong the time one of my coil lasts. But i doubt you'd need to change it less than say 2 week at a time, if using it everyday.
Anyway it one to think abour...and others have suggested there chioces. Buying vaping kit can be a bit hit and miss...but the more you get involved with folks on here...the more help you'll get..as folks on here are truely amazing..i've just been offer a coil jig that i need to make my own coils...all free! In fairness i did give that person some free juice a few months ago, but thats's beside the point!

Anyway....i hope you find your ideal tank, whatever it may be..good luck with it mate.

Last edited:

Unfortunately, there are always going to be compromises on all tanks. You just have to decide what you can live with

Zenith is pretty well protected, I've dropped mine a few times
yes if glass breaks you need a new tank, but as I said Zenith is quite sturdy
(I bought a "few")

Let's just say my own 2 x Nautilus 2 tanks are no longer in use

Ehpro True - I got 4 atm & a fifth on the way
I have 3 Ares, 3 Vapefly, 1 Cthulhu & Ammit & others also
So draw your own conclusions how I feel about the True

I pointed out niggles, but no tank is 101% perfect - just being honest & open about it

Ehpro True & Zenith are really great tanks imho - hence I bought more than one
(way way overboard I know, but if I find something good I often end buying a couple/lot of "spare" items - my OCD kicks in)

Sorry if I come across as being picky or something, I don't mean to be. Of course no tank is perfect, I was mostly pointing out the flaws I noticed or were mentioned in the reviews to get further feedback from people who have actually used them for more than 5 minutes (which is the case with most reviewers). Believe me, I appreciate the help I actually like both the Zenith and the True. I wouldn't have even thought about either if I'd not asked on here, Right now, I'm considering getting the True, and see how I get on with it. If I struggle with it, (because lets face it, poor eyesight, and fiddly little things don't go well together) I will probably get the Zenith as a fallback. Both look like good tanks, and the zenth coils alone make it much better than the nautilus, which is a shame, because in the past, I've really liked Aspire products. But getting a week at best most of the time out of the coils, is something I'm struggling to live with. I've had other aspire tanks,the cleito 120 and atlantis evo) and got much better life from them, and still use them when I feel like a DTL to this day. .

@Fuctifino I also tend to buy more than one tank if I like it. Usually so I have something ready to vape if I need to change the coil or clean it Nothing is more infuriating than when you need a nic hit, and you have nothing to vape. I also like to have more than one flavour on the go at once. so I totally understand why you would have a load of them. The more vape gear the better in my opinion!:2thumbsup:

Sorry if I come across as being picky or something, I don't mean to be. Of course no tank is perfect, I was mostly pointing out the flaws I noticed or were mentioned in the reviews to get further feedback from people who have actually used them for more than 5 minutes (which is the case with most reviewers). Believe me, I appreciate the help I actually like both the Zenith and the True. I wouldn't have even thought about either if I'd not asked on here, Right now, I'm considering getting the True, and see how I get on with it. If I struggle with it, (because lets face it, poor eyesight, and fiddly little things don't go well together) I will probably get the Zenith as a fallback. Both look like good tanks, and the zenth coils alone make it much better than the nautilus, which is a shame, because in the past, I've really liked Aspire products. But getting a week at best most of the time out of the coils, is something I'm struggling to live with. I've had other aspire tanks,the cleito 120 and atlantis evo) and got much better life from them, and still use them when I feel like a DTL to this day. .

@Fuctifino I also tend to buy more than one tank if I like it. Usually so I have something ready to vape if I need to change the coil or clean it Nothing is more infuriating than when you need a nic hit, and you have nothing to vape. I also like to have more than one flavour on the go at once. so I totally understand why you would have a load of them. The more vape gear the better in my opinion!:2thumbsup:

No need to apologise badonion, this is what this site id for....and as most folks on here asking for advice...you'll get lots of different opinions! It's all about what'll work for you..and that does take some experimenting.

Hope you find your ideal set up.

The fill ports are fine, ive had no problems with them. They are a little small though and can be messy with shortfill bottles but it really is a minor thing. The hastur mini is nice and worth a look and the vapefly galaxies too. You can buy spare glass for a couple of pounds if you're clumsy.

RTA True is an excellent choice & a possible Zenith fallback like I have is even wiser

Zenith coils are about £1:50 or 5 for £7:50, last a week to 10 days easily for most
and can do a quick flush n burn to get another go out of them - actually done this more than once
even if flavour is lessened - it gets good flavour all the same so one coil could last 2 to 3 weeks at a push

A lot to be said if you get a good stock coil tank that just works & virtually foolproof filling
easy coil change without juice pissing out on changing/filling like N2
(I just couldn't be arsed with Nautilus in the end coz despite best efforts - it was still a lottery to me on refilling - I gave up)

RTA's are nigh on future proof - no worry about in a couple years or so coils being phased out or not easily stocked
27/28/29awg Kanthal is like £6 for 37.5m, you grab say 4 or 5 inches to wind a coil so 8 coils or more per meter
(that is about 300 coils for £6 or 2p each)
Cotton - £11 for 140 Muji pads, can be split into 4/6 or even 8 if you are careful - so 140 x 8 = 1,120 if very careful
or £1 for 100 wicks = 1p each (at a push but even if double that at 2p wick & 2p coil = 4p)
Heck - even 5p a week, fuck it 10p a week if you have a mare at times & future proof making your own coils

BUT RTA is a bit of fucking about & learning curve but rewarding (once you start to suss it)
At same time, others find a good tank with good stock coils and think fuck it that will do for say £1:50 every week or two
Still way way cheaper than smoking without all the health risks etc.....

If you can benefit from others advice/experience of buying/using the wrong stuff
then it will greatly improve your own vaping experience in upgrading or moving up to other setups

TBH - MTL tanks have come a long way in last 18 months & almost any recent RTA MTL is pretty decent
I'm no expert - far from it, just giving my own personal experience/opinion that I learned fairly recently
I only listed a couple of tanks that are very good AND also very easy to use/refill too (quite important imho)
POTV is a great place to ask way more experienced people than moi advice on matters

Don't apologise. I understand your concerns. I always nit pick about tank design. It's good to be a bit critical on design and not settle for something sub standard or fit for purpose

Back
Top Bottom