What's new

I must be doing something wrong. Close to going on the fags again!

bigpike89

Initiate
At the moment I’ve got aspire odan tank, aegis boost. I’ve got Freemax mesh tank also and waiting on new coils coming for it in the post. This is the only tank that works okay with me, even at that I only get 5-6 days out a coil.

Aegis boost and odan have same problem, I’m using Dr frost juice and no matter what wattage I use I get burnt taste. I’ve done everything properly to get prep the coils and the cotton is still there and nice white colour. Odan tank is the worst, coils say it does 35-45 watt but anything above 20 it just burns. On the aegis it’s anything above 15! That has meant to do 25-30. I can’t imagine how much I’ve spent on tanks , coils etc but every time I get a burnt taste unless I’m on really low wattage. Every time I go to a vape shop about this they just use it as an excuse to get more sales out of me and get me to buy another useless tank , mod etc. I see loads of people online using aegis and the odan and loving it so must be something I’m doing wrong ?

I appreciate any help, if I can’t figure this out I’ll use the Freemax coils then just go back on the ciggies

Should point out as well I went to b and m today . Bought there sub ohm pen and there own juice. Let it soak in the tank for ten mins, then guess what ? Burnt taste on every single wattage setting.

At the moment I’ve got aspire odan tank, aegis boost. I’ve got Freemax mesh tank also and waiting on new coils coming for it in the post. This is the only tank that works okay with me, even at that I only get 5-6 days out a coil.

Aegis boost and odan have same problem, I’m using Dr frost juice and no matter what wattage I use I get burnt taste. I’ve done everything properly to get prep the coils and the cotton is still there and nice white colour. Odan tank is the worst, coils say it does 35-45 watt but anything above 20 it just burns. On the aegis it’s anything above 15! That has meant to do 25-30. I can’t imagine how much I’ve spent on tanks , coils etc but every time I get a burnt taste unless I’m on really low wattage. Every time I go to a vape shop about this they just use it as an excuse to get more sales out of me and get me to buy another useless tank , mod etc. I see loads of people online using aegis and the odan and loving it so must be something I’m doing wrong ?

I appreciate any help, if I can’t figure this out I’ll use the Freemax coils then just go back on the ciggies
Can I ask how much juice you'd use during the 4 or 5 days the Freemax coil lasts?
The fact the cotton is still white, indicates to me juice isn't getting to the coils, properly.
Do you soak the coils prior to installing?

Should point out as well I went to b and m today . Bought there sub ohm pen and there own juice. Let it soak in the tank for ten mins, then guess what ? Burnt taste on every single wattage setting.
That kinda confirms it's something you are doing or not doing, that's causing this. Quite what, is unclear though.

Have you tried drawing on the mouth piece a few times to draw the juice thru the wick without firing, then fire it up. See if its burnt then

Talk us through your coil priming process from start to finish. Are you ramping up before vaping? Also, have you tried any other juice?

You mentioned Dr frost liquid. It's a Malaysian juice as far as I recall but it's a known coil killer. The freemax struggles with any juice containing a cooling agent. It'll burn out the coils much quicker. I use the tripple mesh coils and I get approx a week out of them but I vape a lot. For me, a week is acceptable given how I vape. If you're getting 5-6 days with that particular liquid you've been doing well

Talk us through your coil priming process from start to finish. Are you ramping up before vaping? Also, have you tried any other juice?

You mentioned Dr frost liquid. It's a Malaysian juice as far as I recall but it's a known coil killer. The freemax struggles with any juice containing a cooling agent. It'll burn out the coils much quicker. I use the tripple mesh coils and I get approx a week out of them but I vape a lot. For me, a week is acceptable given how I vape. If you're getting 5-6 days with that particular liquid you've been doing well
I agree with the above post that it’s something I’m doing/not doing. I’m not trying to blame my hardware etc and I apologise if it came across like that. I should point out also that this happens whatever juice I’m using, at the moment it’s dr frost that I have with more other makes on the way through online orders.

Anyway to answer your question I start by dabbing the holes in the coil with 2,3 dabs ignore juice to get them moist. Then I put a bigger dab on the inside: out the tank together and fill it up then leave for 10-20 mins. I then start at a low wattage (15-20 watts) then go up in increments of five until I reach the recommended wattage on the coil.

never used this juice before.
what i need to know is are you using nic shots and if so how many you use in a 60ml shorfill or 100ml shortfill
im guessing 100%vg
ive found quite a lot of juices ive tried are around 70vg already in the shortfil before you add a nic shot so if your adding a 10ml 100vg then your juice will be roughly 80vg/20pg and a lot of coils cant cope as its too thick..
try buying some either 100%pg or 70/30 nic shots to see if that helps.
links on post 6 POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

About 4 weeks after I started vaping I reached a point where none of my kit seemed to work for me - no taste, no draw, burnt tastes, horrible tastes etc and I felt as though I was on the verge of going back to the fags. I spent quite a bit of cash but now have a choice of kit that I know will give me a solid vape and I usually have 4 or 5 on the go at the same time to avoid chain vaping. I also managed to get through March only spending £20 so I feel like I'm reaping the reward now.

So, I did the following, hope it will give you some ideas. I'm MTL and don't need a throat hit.

I read through a thread about the Artery Pal II Pro/Artery HP Coils and there was a lot of good feedback about it and it's not too expensive. I decided to give it a go, using the 1.0 coils. I'm now almost exclusively vaping Dinner Lady in this because I like their flavours, they're consistent and they give good flavour in this set up. I also dropped my nicotine level from 18 to 12 and find that is a more satisfying taste. I tried nic salts but they make me cough so just do normal freebase now. I now have 2 of the Pal II and I take a couple of draws from one and then a couple from the other so I'm not chain vaping from them. I also bought several spare 3ml tanks for them so I can swap around with flavours at different times of the day.

I always start at 9 watts and usually end up about 10 or 11 never much higher.

I also read through the thread about the ThinkVape Zeta. It's a bit heavy for me and I don't like the separate battery but I have to say that with the 1.0 coil again I get a great flavour. I don't take this out and about with me - I'm actually a bit scared of the big hefty battery :-)

I also have an Innokin Adept zlide that was awful with anything I tried and was the worst for the burnt, horrible tasting coils. I had a pack of 5 coils, 3 of which were useless. It almost got chucked but I read a post about using 1.6 coil with Manabush liquid. At about the same time, Manabush launched their Tribute range and it's almost like they were made for each other. I use this for my late afternoon/evening vaping because it's for long, slow, relaxed vaping, savouring the flavours.

And I have experimented with drip tips. I prefer the long narrow tips and I have quite a few so I can put clean ones on frequently to refresh the taste and particularly now with the coronavirus. I do think that drip tips play an important part in the vape experience - different types give a different draw and if I don't get a good draw I start hammering it and that's when I get the coils playing up.

I prime my coils the same way you do except I usually leave them longer before using them, sometimes I even leave overnight and find it's better in the morning.

And the last thing I found was that I was really pulling on the draw the same way I would drag on a fag. Now I'm much more refined and let the kit do the work rather than panic about getting a big hit out of every draw. If I start to get a funny taste, I realise it's usually because I've been pulling rather than vaping.

Sorry for the long post but I hope it gives you some ideas.

I agree with the above post that it’s something I’m doing/not doing. I’m not trying to blame my hardware etc and I apologise if it came across like that. I should point out also that this happens whatever juice I’m using, at the moment it’s dr frost that I have with more other makes on the way through online orders.

Anyway to answer your question I start by dabbing the holes in the coil with 2,3 dabs ignore juice to get them moist. Then I put a bigger dab on the inside: out the tank together and fill it up then leave for 10-20 mins. I then start at a low wattage (15-20 watts) then go up in increments of five until I reach the recommended wattage on the coil.

How does your freemax cope with other juices? Do you always vape with a cool effect eliquid? If so, you'll get roughly the same millage with your coil life.

Back
Top Bottom