What's new

How toxic is nicotine?

Nicotine side effects
Caffeine side effects
Cigarette smoking side effects

Note.. the last link is directly from the CDC website. How then, can they NOT be in favor of e-cigarettes and vaping?
https://www.drugs.com/sfx/caffeine-side-effects.html
Given this comparison you have to wonder why tea, coffee, coke, pepsi, full throttle, redbull, etc are not being targeted by WHO and FDA? I sent a letter to Health Canada commenting about all the concern over e-cigarettes yet regular tobacco has NOT been banned for sale in Canada. Why? Could it be the money changing hands to corrupt health organizations to cook the books on nicotine in e-cigs that are cutting into tobacco sales? I also mentioned that nicotine in e-cigs had nothing at all to do with tobacco, since tobacco is actually not even a viable source to extract nicotine.. eggplant and palm leaf is much easier and cheaper. Are they going to regulate egg plant? Do you have to be 18+ to buy or eat it? Ban straws and sippy cups, these could be a gateway to turning children into homosexuals that may never have otherwise been homosexuals!!!! (not intended as a slur in any way-example given only as a comparison to candy cigarettes turning kids into tobacco smokers) *Which is what health organizations were ranting on about when I was a kid.*

I don't understand why they are concerned over bottles of e-liquid when there are drain cleaners containing skin melting acids sold freely in supermarkets to people of any age...

I don't understand why they are concerned over bottles of e-liquid when there are drain cleaners containing skin melting acids sold freely in supermarkets to people of any age...
Because pHARMa and big tobacco don't have a monopoly on drain cleaners, and the FDA has member on the executive with shares in phrma and bt. Since they have former phrma and bt execs on the FDA board.

You know who owns nicorette? The 6th largest pharmaceutical company in the world. Do you think they want ecigs taking away a market they pretty much have the lions share of?
BTW.. Johnson & Johnson owns GlaxoSmithKline...who makes your drain cleaners?

:america: Man I wish they would whizz up certain politicians and place methen in 10ml bottles for toxicitys sake. That would be a fine solution, literally!

Iv swallowed ejuice by accident yesterday as I had a leaky tank and I have been fine must admit to being a little worried about it thou and as for nicotine on my hands it happens quite a bit

Iv swallowed ejuice by accident yesterday as I had a leaky tank and I have been fine must admit to being a little worried about it thou and as for nicotine on my hands it happens quite a bit
Its very hard to overdose on nicotine by swallowing it, the first symptom of nicotine overdose is vomiting, so you tend to get rid of it fairly quickly. Skin absorption is actually riskier but not with the strengths used for vaping, just if you DIY.
I wouldn't recommend a two year old went around drinking it, but for an adult using vape strength liquid it would be extremely hard to commit suicide even if you were quite determined. AFAIK no one has managed it yet, and there have been a number of attempts.

Overhyped b/s.... lets face it 3mg is the norm these days and you could porbably take a bath in that....

Overhyped b/s.... lets face it 3mg is the norm these days and you could porbably take a bath in that....
3mg nicotine could still kill a child/small animal if they ingested a large enough amount of it... so would still reccomend safe storage.. however as an adult smoker/vaper drinking the whole bottle of premix would probably just make you be sick.. and who is going to do that anyway? But using 72mg stuff for diy well thats another matter. I have 12 litres of it at my house and am pretty sure that if I chugged down a litre or so I would be dead... although I doubt very much that I could do so... and would have no intention of attempting such a feat anyways... there have been several attempts at suicide via ingestion of eliquid... and as far as I know there has only been one attempt where nicotine toxicity as well as consumption of alcohol was a contributory factor in a succesful attempt... all other known intentional suicides via nicotine poisoning have been prevented.. after the person responsible was admitted to hospital and treated... including cases where several hundred mg of nicotine were ingested...

Back
Top Bottom