What's new

How to know if you have a short or not?

We all gotta start somewhere....i'm still learning....understanding Ohm's law is still the holy grail for me! :)

We all gotta start somewhere....i'm still learning....understanding Ohm's law is still the holy grail for me! :)
Ahaha yeah mate [emoji16][emoji23] I certainly know enough about it to stay safe but also have a hell of a lot to still learn.
And yeah we do all have to start somewhere, only issue was that I started with a bloody mechanical mod [emoji23]

Sorry, from my motor vehicle apprenticeship days
V= I X R
Volts = amps X ohms
I was originally used instead of amps ( intensity of current)

Ah..i see! That's odd, i also did the same apprenticeship....but haven't been in that game for very long time now.

I still don't yet understand the relevance of volts though...as i only focus on watts..which is all i adjust on my mods. Volts doesn't mean anything to me...so i still haven't the foggiest how many volts my mods use, as i just use stock set ups.

I accept that should i venture into the rebuildables side of things, then understanding Ohm's Law will be necessary.

Last edited:
Natural selection at work possibly doing us all a favour, learn your ohms law and stop playing with big boys toys. You don't drive a car without adequate driving knowledge and experience(unless you're a numpty(, same for operating a chainsaw or jumping in the ocean before learning to swim.

I feel bad for the people that have vapes blow up on them(i wouldn't wish that experience on anyone), but it was kinda due at one point or another.

Natural selection at work possibly doing us all a favour, learn your ohms law and stop playing with big boys toys. You don't drive a car without adequate driving knowledge and experience(unless you're a numpty(, same for operating a chainsaw or jumping in the ocean before learning to swim.

I feel bad for the people that have vapes blow up on them(i wouldn't wish that experience on anyone), but it was kinda due at one point or another.

People don't expect an e-cigarette to be a chainsaw though... that's the problem, they expect it to be a coffee maker.

People don't expect an e-cigarette to be a chainsaw though... that's the problem, they expect it to be a coffee maker.

That has to lie with the vape shop doing their job in providing adequate advice and not selling mechs to users who clearly don't have a clue. Same deal with a gun(whether end user or store employee), if you don't know how to safely handle the equipment, you have no place handling it in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom