What's new

how much nicotine do i need ?

Ok, so adding 1 nic shot to 50ml will make it 3mg. But adding 2 nic shots won’t make it 6mg. You’d need to add 2 1/2.

Hmm maybe I’m working it out wrong.
im confused now after using this https://vapinghardware.com/calculators/nicotine-shot-shortfill-calculator/
as left it says 3.3 to make final 100ml but right 4 to make 120ml but for my calculation would make final size 140ml
n.JPG n1.JPG

im only going by the universal way of shortfills
50ml zero with 1 nic shot makes 3mg so 2 nic shots will make 6mg and then double it to double the nic strength.

10 ml of 18mg as part of 60ml will give you 3mg

you'd have to use 10ml of of 36mg (in 50ml) to give you 6mg 60ml total.

if you use two shot you'll have 70ml total (if you don't remove 10ml of the shortfill) that's why it doesn't work.

I think the confusion is the assumption that adding 2 nic shots will give you double the strength you would get adding just 1. In fact it wouldn’t, because as well as increasing the amount of nic you are also adding another 10ml to the total volume.

You could think about it this way. Adding 1 18mg nice shot to 50ml gives us 3mg, 60ml. If we made a 36mg 10ml nic shot we would have 6mg, 60ml. But adding 2 18mg shots gives us the same total amount of nicotine, but diluted in 70ml rather than 60ml.

I think the 5 nic shots to 100ml is right to get it to 6mg. It’s going to dilute the flavour even more though.

Yeah 18mg/ml nicshots and 50ml or 100ml shortfills are a pain in the proverbial if you want anything but 3mg/ml.

It's the mg/ml that's important - milligrams per ml.

So with a standard 10ml nicshot, that means there's 180mg of nicotine, as there are 18mg of nicotine per ml.

I find the simplest way to think about it is that you are taking 18mg/ml and dividing it amongst your shortfill, which is what Simon and Zou were saying.

So, if you are taking your 10ml nicshot and adding it to a 50ml shortfill, you are diluting 180mg of nicotine across 60ml. 180/60 = 3mg/ml.

And if you add 2 nicshots to a 50ml shortfill, you are diluting 360mg of nicotine across 70ml. 360/70 = 5.14mg/ml.

Back
Top Bottom