What's new

how much nicotine do i need ?

alan thomas

Hi, I have a 100ml bottle of nic free juice,i have got some 10ml bottles of nicotine they have 18mg writen on them ,i dont have a clue what thats about . So i want to know how much to add to get 0.6% strength which i think is 6mg/g .Hope i have made sense here ,thanks

hi @alan thomas and welcome to the planet.

4 x 10ml 18mg nic shots added to 100ml of zero juice will make 140ml at 6mg

BUT
shortfills are really designed for 3mg so you will be diluting the taste more than they are designed for but plenty of people vape them at 6mg
what you could do is measure out 50ml and add 2 nic shots to see if it makes it too weak.

what make and flavour are you using. might get some feedback from others.

hi @alan thomas and welcome to the planet.

4 x 10ml 18mg nic shots added to 100ml of zero juice will make 140ml at 6mg

BUT
shortfills are really designed for 3mg so you will be diluting the taste more than they are designed for but plenty of people vape them at 6mg
what you could do is measure out 50ml and add 2 nic shots to see if it makes it too weak.

what make and flavour are you using. might get some feedback from others.
i have been using different makes and flavours,this post was mainly for my wife as i am ok on 3mg i think her thoughts were shes not getting the taste but now you said i would be diluting the taste im sure that will be ok...Thank you

i have been using different makes and flavours,this post was mainly for my wife as i am ok on 3mg i think her thoughts were shes not getting the taste but now you said i would be diluting the taste im sure that will be ok...Thank you
your welcome.
there are a few makers that it will work with like manabush or dinner lady to name two.
buy the shortfill of zero nic then buy 10ml bottles of 18mg of the same flavour and then you will not lose any taste what so ever.
so 50ml zero + 2 10ml same flavour will make 70ml of 6mg
100ml zero + 4 10ml same flavour will make 140ml of 6mg

your welcome.
there are a few makers that it will work with like manabush or dinner lady to name two.
buy the shortfill of zero nic then buy 10ml bottles of 18mg of the same flavour and then you will not lose any taste what so ever.
so 50ml zero + 2 10ml same flavour will make 70ml of 6mg
100ml zero + 4 10ml same flavour will make 140ml of 6mg
Thank you .I did not realise i could get flavoured nic

Thank you .I did not realise i could get flavoured nic
they are TPD tested 10ml bottles so depending on maker available in 3,6,9,12,18mg but these will only work if the company does TPD tested juice. the majority out there are just zero nic shorfills to get around the tpd law so adding plain nic shots will weaken flavour.

so for instance. buy 100ml zero of powwow https://manabush.com/collections/th...icahua-sun-0mg-shortfill-for-diy-50-and-100ml
buy 4 x 10ml at 18mg https://manabush.com/collections/th...py-of-nokomis-by-manabush?variant=40258402382

mix together and you will have the correct flavour and 140ml of 6mg juice.

To make 6mg you would need to take 20 ml out of the shortfill before adding the four nic shots, no? You have 40ml of 18mg. You divide 18 by 3 to get 6. 3 x 40 is 120..

But 40ml of 18mg + 100ml of 0mg will be less than 6mg, I think. You’d need to add 5 nic shots to 100ml to get 6mg.

But 40ml of 18mg + 100ml of 0mg will be less than 6mg, I think. You’d need to add 5 nic shots to 100ml to get 6mg.
im only going by the universal way of shortfills
50ml zero with 1 nic shot makes 3mg so 2 nic shots will make 6mg and then double it to double the nic strength.

Back
Top Bottom