What's new

HorizonTech Falcon II Coils

gloks

Initiate
Hey all, seemingly hit somewhat of a snag with my setup - HorizonTech Falcon 2 on a Drag Mini, works great no issues whatsoever. I bought the Falcon II in December and from memory it came with some sort of dual coil fitted as standard, and a spare 0.16 ohm Sector Mesh coil. After going through those two I replaced them with the same 0.16ohm Sector Mesh coils, then thought I'd try the dual coils again. It was my belief that the M-Dual 0.38 ohm coils were the ones I needed however a pack of those just turned up and alas they don't fit. From some research I should've done prior, the original Falcon coils aren't compatible with the II however the only replacement coils I can find for the II are the 0.16 ohm Sector Mesh coils.

Now this has got me slightly confused and thinking was it even dual coils that came in it? Even if it wasn't, I'm absolutely certain the coil that came fitted in the II was different. I guess the overall question is what coil was it that came fitted/what coil options are there for the Falcon II aside from the 0.16 ohm Sector Mesh ones.

Sorry that's a bit long winded, any help/advice is appreciated. Cheers.

Welcome to the forum @gloks

I believe the Falcon 2 uses plug n play coils and only offer one coil at the moment. The .14 ohm mesh Sector coil.

Other members might know more than me tho.

Welcome to the forum @gloks

I believe the Falcon 2 uses plug n play coils and only offer one coil at the moment. The .14 ohm mesh Sector coil.

Other members might know more than me tho.
Yeah think @Mitz is correct, have a read here deffo not compatable with old falcon coils, it also explains the difference in relation to the supplied coils, not had got one myself so can't advise

https://www.ecigclick.co.uk/horizon-falcon-2-tank-review/

Welcome to the forum

I guess the overall question is what coil was it that came fitted/what coil options are there for the Falcon II aside from the 0.16 ohm Sector Mesh ones.
No more options AFAIK. Huge con.

thank fook i didnt buy this one then.
cut your losses and get the falcon king instead.

I use the Falcon 2 and have had no issues whatsoever since buying it. Yes it may only have the one coil at the minute, the .14 sector mesh, but I contacted horizontech directly and they told me there is more planned for the future.

I've seen many folk slate the tank but it does everything I need it to. Great flavour and coils last as long as any other sub ohm tank I've owned (as long as you don't use their recommended wattage). I've been using it for around 6 months now and what I've noticed is that it had not leaked one bit in the slightest. Each to their own, but I've had a fair few tanks over the years and this has to be one of, if not the best.

I contacted horizontech directly and they told me there is more planned for the future.
Really? more than 1 year after its release? Sorry, but not likely.
Lets see... I hope they will.
I would be nice coz they manufacture nice tanks and VERY nice coilheads.

I discarded to buy this Falcon 2 just for that reason, having just 1 coil option is far from I liking it (no matter how good is that unique coil, I love to have variety).
No, actually I have other main reason: the Falcons always had cross compatibility with other coilhead manufacturers like Augvape, Ehpro and Smoant. I use all of them on my Skynet and Raptor tanks, including the Horizontech ones; thats part of the magic.

Back
Top Bottom