What's new

hi, vapers. recently bought the furyan mech squonker from steamisland.

garry melia

I am having trouble with the fire button. It's a bit spongy and doesn't always fire. When it does fire the mod gets hot. Anybody else having the same problem.

If it's firing intermittently and getting hot when it does fire then it's not making a proper connection which can result in arcing and the creation of excessive heat.

If you know what you are doing and are comfortable doing it then strip the mod down, clean the contacts and make any adjustments to the switch that are necessary for it to make a proper contact and fire correctly and consistently.

If you don't know what you are doing and you don't feel comfortable dismantling it and making adjustments then my advice would be to send it back for a refund.

IMHO, being a responsible and safe mechanical mod user goes far beyond just learning ohms law and battery safety. Understanding how your equipment works and being able to strip, service and maintain that equipment is an integral part of owning a mech.

It's like buying a sports bike. Anyone can get a license and buy a powerful sports bike. But if you don't maintain your fluids, tyre pressure and oil your chain regularly you're gonna have an accident one day.

Last edited:
If it's firing intermittently and getting hot when it does fire then it's not making a proper connection which can result in arcing and the creation of excessive heat.

If you know what you are doing and are comfortable doing it then strip the mod down, clean the contacts and make any adjustments to the switch that are necessary for it to make a proper contact and fire correctly and consistently.

If you don't know what you are doing and you don't feel comfortable dismantling it and making adjustments then my advice would be to send it back for a refund.

IMHO, being a responsible and safe mechanical mod user goes far beyond just learning ohms law and battery safety. Understanding how your equipment works and being able to strip, service and maintain that equipment is an integral part of owning a mech.

It's like buying a sports bike. Anyone can get a license and buy a powerful sports bike. But if you don't maintain your fluids, tyre pressure and oil your chain regularly you're gonna have an accident one day.
I understand what your saying mitz. I don't want to send the mod back, I think it's a very good mod. I suppose I should have started on an easier mech mod. I'm not a novice to vaping. I've been vaping for 5 years now, and not touched acigarette. I've seen lots of YouTube videos on the subject. I have stripped the mod down, but not all the way. I didn't want to break a mod that had just bought, I had only had it for a week. I have been in touch with todds reviews, so I think I've sorted it now. I appreciate everyone's help, so thanks to all those that responded to my post.

I understand what your saying mitz. I don't want to send the mod back, I think it's a very good mod. I suppose I should have started on an easier mech mod. I'm not a novice to vaping. I've been vaping for 5 years now, and not touched acigarette. I've seen lots of YouTube videos on the subject. I have stripped the mod down, but not all the way. I didn't want to break a mod that had just bought, I had only had it for a week. I have been in touch with todds reviews, so I think I've sorted it now. I appreciate everyone's help, so thanks to all those that responded to my post.
No worries mate. Good choice, IMHO. It's a fantastic mod. And everyone has to start somewhere and this mod is as good as any other. It is super important whatever mech you use that you learn how to disassemble and reassemble it so that you can access all the contacts and the switch mechanism. A full mechanical mod is a super simple system and most issues can be resolved at home with a little time and patience. Cleaning and maintenance is very important. So just make sure you keep up with that and if you are ever in doubt about anything at all just come on here and ask as you did with this thread. Plenty of members who will be only too happy to help.

Last edited:
One thing I did notice, was the uneven surface on the small round contact, which is the inner part of the button. I lightly sanded mine to remove some of the pitting. It may have contributed to the improvement of mine.

This mod has reminded me of why I don't usually buy brass mods. And when I buy copper I always choose the cerakote. I had this mod a whopping 4 days before the underside of the base turned almost completely black. Not even a week in and it needed stripping and polishing. How anybody likes the "natural" aka "dirty" look is beyond me. Looked like I'd been outside playing with it in the mud ffs! Cleaning brass is such dirty bloody work! Might have to trade this in for the SS version.

I've just spent the best part of an hour cleaning and polishing mine. Taking it away with me for 4 days, and I bet it looks like crap when I return.

I've ordered the SS one anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom