What's new

Help! Temp control + new coil = harsh vapour

ryanvssky

Postman
Hi everyone

I experienced for the second time that I replace the prebuilt coil (nickel 0.15 ohm) in my smok tct tank and the taste is harsh. Usually only the first 5-10 puffs but now the constantly for the second time out of the 7 coils I used so far.

I primed the coil, watched several tutorials on how to do it properly. I use low nicotine, max 3mg. I use 80/20 VG/PG diy juice. I use smok x cube 2 mod to fire the tank on temp control mode. Coefficient set to 0.006.

Anyone had similar experience?
No idea why I have this harsh throat hit. Is the coil faulty? It kills my throat after five puffs :(

Please help!

maybe too tight wicking inside coil, or high vg making the cotton not suck up the liquid quick enough?

Could be the case! Will order a new set and will compare it. The two coil whoch came with th tank was definitely different than the 5 I bought after... Is this a common thing with smok?

If you think the cotton is to tight get a pin and puncture it on the sides of the coil also i have got coils from fasttech that have a cottony taste till you run nearly a tank of juice through them.

If you think the cotton is to tight get a pin and puncture it on the sides of the coil also i have got coils from fasttech that have a cottony taste till you run nearly a tank of juice through them.

Wow! Thanks! Puncturing it helped a lot. I also closed the air hole on the bottom so it creates more vacuum to pull more juice through the cotton.

Have you ever thought of changing to a brand that has better quality control so you won't have this problem. Or is there any benefit of these tightly wicked coils?

Wow! Thanks! Puncturing it helped a lot. I also closed the air hole on the bottom so it creates more vacuum to pull more juice through the cotton.

Have you ever thought of changing to a brand that has better quality control so you won't have this problem. Or is there any benefit of these tightly wicked coils?
The only coils i needed to do this with regularly are freemax starre coils i got from fasttech for my triton but i don't know is this normal for those coils.I mainly use my RDA/RTA's so any coils i buy for my triton will be mainly just to try new fancy coils out now and again like the clapton or ceramic coil Target are releasing.
It's never good for wicking to be overly tight.

Smok coils are also famous for tasting bad the first few hits, somebody on here once suspected machine oil on the coil, I used to have this problem when i used the smok.. as you say it goes after 10 drags or so, it used to be common problem with their coils. If you primed the coil correctly its not a wicking problem as the first hit is the juice on the coil..it fades away the more you use the coil. dont forget to start low but when you get higher it goes

Who does diy juice and tried more type of bases please let me know what are you using!! The thing is that I am suspicious about the pg, vg and nic base from Vapable. I tried each ingerdient and the pg is very peppery. I want to order from somewhere else..any suggestions?

Who does diy juice and tried more type of bases please let me know what are you using!! The thing is that I am suspicious about the pg, vg and nic base from Vapable. I tried each ingerdient and the pg is very peppery. I want to order from somewhere else..any suggestions?

That is about the third time I read poor reviews for Vapable nic', shame as they are excellent in every other way. I plan to get my new nic' from Dark Star, never seen a bad word and haven't seen better prices in the UK. Around £17.00 for 250ml (72mg)

Back
Top Bottom