What's new

Help me find my perfect mod

Diamonte68

Hi everyone

I am a newbie to vaping and really need some help! I quit the stinkies 3 weeks ago (yay me!) with the help of a smok nord - it looks like Smok is pretty much a swear word around here but for me it was easy and worked, so happy days. I do now want to take the next step on my vaping journey and get a "proper" mod. I have been looking around at all the vape sites and this forum and everything seems to be geared towards sub ohm vaping, really not 100% what that even is but from reading a few articles it looks like something I am not quite ready for! I really want something that is still good for mouth to lung but I am so confused!

I am stupidly attracted to anything that looks pretty and love the look of the vaporesso style mods but not sure if I can use those with a good mouth to lung tank? Am I right that it is the tank that makes the difference when it comes to mouth to lung over direct to lung? I have seen a few reviews on the Aspire tanks and they look good for what I want but I am not sure if I can use those on a vaporesso? I know these are probably all really stupid questions but as I said I am a beginner.

I would go into a vape store for some advice but am a bit intimidated by the guys that work in the ones near me (plus they sold me the Smok Nord so maybe not the best advice?)

Anyway any help or advice would be really appreciated. Money isn't a huge issue but obviously don't want to spend more than I need to.

Thank you

Hello Diamonte68.

Yes you are right with tanks and mods, if they have a 510 connection you can put them together.

Also mod output is not necessarily what you'll use, just because it says for example 220 watt. It's down to the coil that you use.

Also it's good practice to charge batteries in an external charger, it's better for batteries and the mods electronics. And store or carry them in a case, as li-ion batteries can be dangerous when mistreated.

May I ask what your budget is and what kind of size mod you may be interested in?

Hi and welcome to the planet.
Great advice above.

As you have just given up the cigs then personally mouth to lung would be my personal option at lower wattage with higher nicotine.

The best of both worlds have a look at the vaporesso armour pro. A 100watt mod which can take a single 18650 or 21700 battery.
With a single batt you can still charge via the usb in the mod so savi g on buying an external charger. I do both, internal and external just depending if I've got a spare bay ony external.
I use 21700 40T from fogstar.
You can find my recommended suppliers list stuck at the top in the new users section. Post 5 is hardware.

Welcome to the site :)

From what I’ve read the Smok Nord is a decent bit of kit, so not a bad place to start ;)

Are you wanting to use a mod (battery-containing part) you can take the batteries out of, or would you prefer something where the battery is built in?

Last edited:
Welcome to the site :)

From what I’ve read the Smok Nord is a decent bit of kit, so not a bad place to start ;)

Are you wanting to use a mod (battery-containing part) you can take the batteries out out, or would you prefer something where the battery is built in?

I’m puffing the nord at the moment but it’s definately more a restricted dtl than mtl. You can mtl it but my god it’s loose! The coils are pretty good though and give decent flavour.

////////////

Op if you like the look of vaporesso then check out the new luxe nano. It’s had some good reviews and looks great. Comes in under the 80 mm mark which is perfect for stealthier mtl vaping. The tank that comes with it isn’t suitable but you can buy the mod separately. The armour pro is well liked too.

Basically all a sub ohm mod does is allow you to go to very high wattages. Usually over 80 watts. You can mtl with one but you will only be vaping between 10-20 watts usually.

Most small regulated adjustable mods will go up to 40-80 watts which will be plenty. Many people dtl below 80 so it will give you the scope to try out different things.

Unless you get into all the gadgetry and finery of vaping you’ll want your mod to essentially have a good hand feel, give decent battery life and last well. If you are intending to carry it everywhere with you then you’ll want something robust too. The disadvantage of some of the mods you like is they are touch screen and if you break it the whole thing is buggered.

A lot of the mtl’ers are fans of the eleaf Pico including myself. You can pick one up for £20 and they are brilliant little things. Tough as old boots and perfect for mtl. They also make a perfect back up when you decide to get something else as you’ll want a back up for sure!

Read all the reviews, have fun making your choice and I think you’ll be fine. Smok mostly get panned for their dodgy qc on their coils.

Thank you all so much! I was so confused - it's like a whole new language I have to learn :)

I like the look of the vaporesso luxe nano (I am so easily sold to!!) so will give that a go and may pick up an eleaf pico as a back up, although I will obviously still have my Nord for a back up as well.

There is a high possibility that I will be back on to ask how to get the most out of all the settings etc!

Thanks again

Diamonte68, Vaporesso mods compared to Evolv DNA chipset mods are pretty easy to set up.

It's only if you decide to venture into TCR/TC/Temperature Controlled vaping that things get complicated. But you also need to use coils that are compatible, such as Stainless Steel.

Most that you'll need to do is to adjust the Wattage to the level that works for you. Start low and work your way slowly up whilst using.

There are lots of acronyms and new words when you first start, it can be very confusing, don’t worry. Maybe just buy the mod on it’s own, rather than the Luxe kit - the tank with the kit is more for dtl (direct-to-lung) vaping.

Last edited:
The luxe is a great kit but I have the full size version. So good I bought 2. The skrr tank is a full blown cloud tank for high wattage and limited to only 2 coil options at moment. Will take ant tank on top though as standard 510 screw on conection

Back
Top Bottom