What's new

Gtx one coils 1.2 not good 0.8 good for MTL?

dogtanian

Initiate
So working my way through the selection of devices you guys awesomely recommended (Nord pod 2, vapresso gtx1, innokin krona zikde). I also added a innokin sceptre pod.

I really liked the Nord 2 pod but the coils don't last too long. The sceptre not quite as good a device in my opinion in terms of flavor, ergonomics or hit although maybe better built and the coils pretty cheap. I did find the coils can't always cope with my vaping and start to taste a bit burnt if I continually vape.

Sorry for the preamble... Well I've now been trying out the gtx one. It came with a 0.8 ohm coil that seems to be more directed at DTL vapers (I bought a pack of the 1.2 ohm as a result of this).

Anyway, I thought I would try the 0.8 ohm first before moving onto the 1.2.

First thing is I found the 0.8 coil was really lasting well in my setup (prime vape fruit juice mixed 50/50 Pg/VG at 7w MTL).

Unfortunately changed the coil yesterday to the 1.2 and I'm not that impressed... Less flavor and less than 24 hrs later albeit heavy vaping, it feels like it needs to be changed already.

I see they have a few other coils available... Wondering if it should just order some 0.8.... I always thought the 0.8 would have been working harder and more likely to clog up/ burn than a higher resistance.

I don't have this tank but it looks like the 0.8 are a mesh coil and the 1.2 are a regular coil. At 12w-20w the 0.8 would appear to be a MTL coil, nobody DTL vapes at 12w. I think the presumption that "the 0.8 would have been working harder and more likely to clog up/ burn than a higher resistance." is wrong.

If you like the 0.8ohm, use the 0.8ohm. I don't see any reason to think you should be using the 1.2ohm.

I don't have this tank but it looks like the 0.8 are a mesh coil and the 1.2 are a regular coil. At 12w-20w the 0.8 would appear to be a MTL coil, nobody DTL vapes at 12w. I think the presumption that "the 0.8 would have been working harder and more likely to clog up/ burn than a higher resistance." is wrong.

If you like the 0.8ohm, use the 0.8ohm. I don't see any reason to think you should be using the 1.2ohm.
Cheers, I will order. A lot is still trial and error for me but getting there, hopefully

I have tried all the GTX coils on our PM80. Except the 1.2 mesh version, still no chance of buying those.
My wife do MTL, she likes loose MTL.
My personal opinion:
1.2 regular: boring coil. Cant find nothing good to say about those.
0.8 mesh: not bad, it works pretty decent at 14/16w. Loose MTL.
0.6 mesh: my favourite for RDTL and airy MTL. Those are bangers at 24w. If you close your airflow and drop the power to 18w, you can MTL it.
0.3 mesh: pure DTL. I like it, but...
02 mesh: thats the way I like it. Tiny powerfull DTL coil. It faces much bigger coilheads IMO.

Hi

Weird as for me i like the 1.2 regular coils a lot. They also do a 1.2 mesh, do u know if it was the regular or mesh?

As said above the 0.8 is very suitable for mtl more so than dtl

Dee

The 1.2 coil works best when the airflow is tightened down, i really like the 1.2 for tight MTL.
I agree with you about the 0.6 coil though, I use one for RDL in the Luxe PM40 at 26w and it's a proper little flavour banger.

Agree with Dee and FM. 1.2 ohm regular coils are great. The 1.2 ohm mesh version not so.

I agree with @Simon G

If you've tried both and the 0.8 works better for you then stick with that. I personally prefer lower ohm coils for mtl myself as I like a more open draw.

I have tried all the GTX coils on our PM80. Except the 1.2 mesh version, still no chance of buying those.
My wife do MTL, she likes loose MTL.
My personal opinion:
1.2 regular: boring coil. Cant find nothing good to say about those.
0.8 mesh: not bad, it works pretty decent at 14/16w. Loose MTL.
0.6 mesh: my favourite for RDTL and airy MTL. Those are bangers at 24w. If you close your airflow and drop the power to 18w, you can MTL it.
0.3 mesh: pure DTL. I like it, but...
02 mesh: thats the way I like it. Tiny powerfull DTL coil. It faces much bigger coilheads IMO.

Thanks, I'm going to stay away from the 1.2 mesh one although still have 4 as back up. I totally get what you meant boring, at the beginning seemed so now just bit of burnt taste as if it can't keep up with my vaping. When I top up the liquid it is a bit better but not for long.

The 0.8 was the one I quite liked and see that it's not even recommended for anywhere near as low watt as I have been using (7/8w). Still liked it a lot so was disappointed to move onto the 1.2 mesh which should have on paper been better suited to my set up.

Thanks, I'm going to stay away from the 1.2 mesh one although still have 4 as back up. I totally get what you meant boring, at the beginning seemed so now just bit of burnt taste as if it can't keep up with my vaping. When I top up the liquid it is a bit better but not for long.

The 0.8 was the one I quite liked and see that it's not even recommended for anywhere near as low watt as I have been using (7/8w). Still liked it a lot so was disappointed to move onto the 1.2 mesh which should have on paper been better suited to my set up.
My input was just that... my own experience based on my own taste.

Many mates here likes the 1.2 regular coil; maybe its not just for me as I dont do MTL regularly.

7/8w is insufficient for any GTX coil. Have that in mind. Especially under 0.8ohm.
Also, I must insist about the 0.6 one; power a bit down and airflow adjusted to your liking and I think you could be surprised with the result.

Back
Top Bottom