What's new

GeekVape Blitzen - Dry hits?!

Tychi

Initiate
Hey guys,

Just got my GeekVape Blitzen from FastTech. I've rewicked it 3 times now and i'm still getting dry hits! I've followed Vaping with Vic's guide too and it's still happening. I have a Wake RTA which is a really fiddly bit of kit to wick, but it's working perfect for me.

What am i doing wrong!?

Cheers

If I had a Blitzen I would gladly show you how I wick it but I'm sorry to say that I don't. But after I read your post yesterday I wrote your question on a piece of paper and then I went outside and caught a pidgeon that just happened to be passing by. I tied the little piece of paper to her leg with a piece of string and whispered in her ear that she should deliver the message to the Head Master at the Blitzen School of Wicking, located at the top of Blitzen Mountain.

Well, a few minutes ago as I sat here happily vaping my Manta and swigging my drink, I heard a little tapping on my window so I went to investigate. There, on the window sill was that same little pidgeon from yesterday clutching a brown manilla envelope in her little beak. She whispered in my ear that the Head Master had sent some instructions along with some photos to try and assist the ape who is struggling to wick his Blitzen.

So here is the message as I received it;

Click images to enlarge.

Feed your cotton thru the coils so they're nice and snug. You want to feel resistance as you feed the cotton thru.

IMAG1413.jpg

Cut the cotton nice and short so the tails are about even with the lower base of the tank.

IMAG1414.jpg

Fluff the cotton up at both ends so it's nice and fluffy like white fluffy clouds, bro, clouds!

IMAG1415.jpg

Whilst it's nice and fluffy make a diagonal cut so that you only cut the bottom and middle section of cotton, leaving the top section alone and at it's original length. Bottom section should now be about level with the base of the inner silver deck and the top section should still be about level with the lower black deck with the middle section somewhere in between the two.

IMAG1416.jpg

Now begin to tuck the cotton in starting at the bottom with the shortest cotton. As you tuck it in, work your way up so that the last cotton that you tuck is the longest top section of cotton. Picture shows the short bottom cotton being tucked in first.

IMAG1417.jpg

This is what it should look like when it's all tucked in. Notice that the cotton is fully tucked in but because the cotton is nice and short and cut appropriately, the wick port looks empty when we look inside it from a side view. This is very good because we want the wick port to be full of juice when the tank is fully assembled and not stuffed chock full of cotton.

IMAG1421.jpg

Repeat the process on both sides. Prime the coils, screw in the base, fill the tank and vape away to your hearts content with no more dry hits!

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I need another drink. Cheers! :beerchug

Last edited:
I've just bought a Blitzen and wicked and coiled for the first time.... I too noticed dry hits and put it down to the fact that the juice wells were full of cotton...

I undid the lot and cut the cotton back a bit, now the juice slots are full of juice instead of cotton it seems to wick a lot better... no more dry hits.

My experience with the other Geekvape RTA I have, (can't remember the name) helped me a lot... Had to get the wicks to the top of the juice slot, not packed into it...

How did you get on with this method?

Slwobo

I've just bought a Blitzen and wicked and coiled for the first time.... I too noticed dry hits and put it down to the fact that the juice wells were full of cotton...

I undid the lot and cut the cotton back a bit, now the juice slots are full of juice instead of cotton it seems to wick a lot better... no more dry hits.

My experience with the other Geekvape RTA I have, (can't remember the name) helped me a lot... Had to get the wicks to the top of the juice slot, not packed into it...

How did you get on with this method?

Slwobo
I got on a lot better! It wicks nicely now, the only issue I get after first filling is it seems to get so saturated that it's spit hell. 10 mins or so after it's fine and lovely!

I concur Tychi... I also get the spitting for a couple of pulls after refilling.... Disappears quickly....

Slowbo.

If I had a Blitzen I would gladly show you how I wick it but I'm sorry to say that I don't. But after I read your post yesterday I wrote your question on a piece of paper and then I went outside and caught a pidgeon that just happened to be passing by. I tied the little piece of paper to her leg with a piece of string and whispered in her ear that she should deliver the message to the Head Master at the Blitzen School of Wicking, located at the top of Blitzen Mountain.

Well, a few minutes ago as I sat here happily vaping my Manta and swigging my drink, I heard a little tapping on my window so I went to investigate. There, on the window sill was that same little pidgeon from yesterday clutching a brown manilla envelope in her little beak. She whispered in my ear that the Head Master had sent some instructions along with some photos to try and assist the ape who is struggling to wick his Blitzen.

So here is the message as I received it;

Click images to enlarge.

Feed your cotton thru the coils so they're nice and snug. You want to feel resistance as you feed the cotton thru.

View attachment 150845

Cut the cotton nice and short so the tails are about even with the lower base of the tank.

View attachment 150846

Fluff the cotton up at both ends so it's nice and fluffy like white fluffy clouds, bro, clouds!

View attachment 150847

Whilst it's nice and fluffy make a diagonal cut so that you only cut the bottom and middle section of cotton, leaving the top section alone and at it's original length. Bottom section should now be about level with the base of the inner silver deck and the top section should still be about level with the lower black deck with the middle section somewhere in between the two.

View attachment 150848

Now begin to tuck the cotton in starting at the bottom with the shortest cotton. As you tuck it in, work your way up so that the last cotton that you tuck is the longest top section of cotton. Picture shows the short bottom cotton being tucked in first.

View attachment 150849

This is what it should look like when it's all tucked in. Notice that the cotton is fully tucked in but because the cotton is nice and short and cut appropriately, the wick port looks empty when we look inside it from a side view. This is very good because we want the wick port to be full of juice when the tank is fully assembled and not stuffed chock full of cotton.

View attachment 150850

Repeat the process on both sides. Prime the coils, screw in the base, fill the tank and vape away to your hearts content with no more dry hits!

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I need another drink. Cheers! :beerchug
Thank you @Mitz, thank you, I'd been getting dry hits after a few pulls. The flavour was spot on but I'd have to leave it alone for a few minutes after a couple of pulls.
I'd been stuffing the juice ports with cotton the same way as I do with my Kylin but having read through your post, and wicking as per your photos it's working perfectly. Even with the wattage turned right up, the wick keeps up.
Thanks again, you just saved me a shitload of experimentation [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom