What's new

G priv 2 smok issues

Hamza101

Initiate
Hello i just bought a new vape the g priv 2 from smok and im having actually alor of issues with it ( notr that i was using before the vaporesso swag and it worked better than this ) i still have the basic coils and tank that is provided when u buy it new in the box but its seems like it doesnt blow alot of clouds ( it does very few even at 75w please i woule like to know the optimal config i can have like what kind of coil and tank is better for vaping with good quality taste and cloud

Thanks !

Hi and welcome to the planet.

at 75watt you should have large clouds. always best to staty on wattage mode.
what setting have you got it set too?
power/wattage mode or TC temperature control. if you can see F farenite or C centigrade on the screen then that is TC mode
what does it show on screen if F or C are showing then you need to change it. look in user manual as me not got this mod.

hopefully others will have better idea than me.

Hi Hamza101, what tank did you get with the G Priv2. If it was the TFV8 it could be the coils. At 75 watts you should be getting good amount of vapour production as MrDJ says. If I was you I would get a RBA deck and put clapton coils in it, and you can vary your build.

Hey thanks for the reply ive been using watage mod only as i am not expert enough to fully understand the tc mode the only things that i modify is wv wherr you can choose to have a soft,normal,hard or max heat ( im currently balancing between max and hard to increase the taste and clouds ) but i still get these low vapour clouds which really annoys me, maybe it can be a coil issue ? Or even tank ? Im not an expert into these things :/ but if im still strugling i guess ill just get help from a store to see

Hi Hamza101, what tank did you get with the G Priv2. If it was the TFV8 it could be the coils. At 75 watts you should be getting good amount of vapour production as MrDJ says. If I was you I would get a RBA deck and put clapton coils in it, and you can vary your build.

Yes it indeed the tfv8 tank and im using x baby t6 coil ( that was given with the box ) do you have any ideas of good coil to take ? Im new to smok vapes so i dont know nothing about them ( also forget to mention does the problem could come from the e juice i use ? I am using a grapd ejuice with ice with 6mg of nicotine )

What ratio is your juice ?. 50/50 pg/vg won't give you much clouds. VG which is thicker creates the cloud. so 70/30 or 80/20 .VG/PG
PG is thin like water but provides little in the way of clouds.
6mg is probably a bit to harsh as well so cut that to 3mg. Easiest way to go is buy a shortfill and add 1 nicotine shot. This gives you a 60ml bottle of 3mg liquid. If you can get Nicotine in VG it will keep your higher % VG so more clouds.
What i want you to look at is the info on your mod. There should be a ohm sign ( looks like a horseshoe) tell me what that is saying numerically if it is different to what the coils rating . ie the coil ohm's is 0.15 but gives a reading much higher or lower then the coil could be the issue but it is possible it's a bad connection, could be eliquid got in where your tank screws on so try cleaning it with a bit of loo roll.
Along with your coil ohms there should also be a guide for how much wattage to use, always use the lower recommended the highest recommendage wattage usually burns the cotton in the coil head.
See if any of the above helps and come back, With a bit more info it maybe easier to resolve your issue if none of the ideas work so far. @Hamza101

Last edited:
What ratio is your juice ?. 50/50 pg/vg won't give you much clouds. VG which is thicker creates the cloud. so 70/30 or 80/20 .VG/PG
PG is thin like water but provides little in the way of clouds.
6mg is probably a bit to harsh as well so cut that to 3mg. Easiest way to go is buy a shortfill and add 1 nicotine shot. This gives you a 60ml bottle of 3mg liquid. If you can get Nicotine in VG it will keep your higher % VG so more clouds.
What i want you to look at is the info on your mod. There should be a ohm sign ( looks like a horseshoe) tell me what that is saying numerically if it is different to what the coils rating . ie the coil ohm's is 0.15 but gives a reading much higher or lower then the coil could be the issue but it is possible it's a bad connection, could be eliquid got in where your tank screws on so try cleaning it with a bit of loo roll.
Along with your coil ohms there should also be a guide for how much wattage to use, always use the lower recommended the highest recommendage wattage usually burns the cotton in the coil head.
See if any of the above helps and come back, With a bit more info it maybe easier to resolve your issue if none of the ideas work so far. @Hamza101

thanks for the explanation so for my coil i had 0.4 coil but just took some new with 0.13 to test new coils it says the best is between 45 and 65 w for the juice as i just moved to dubai, i bought the liquid and vape quit in a rush as i really wanted to smoke and just realized that my juice was a 45 55 vg pg so its more understadble for the ohm my coil was 0.4 and my vape indicated like 36 to 26 sometimes but anyways just ordered a jam monster e juice with 70 30 vg pg ( i took the jam monster mixed berry is it good for my coils ? or ecig ? ) with only 3mg to get used to it actually i have 2 v8 x baby t6 coil ( which im using atm ) and just bought today the v8 x baby X4 as i told to test it with the new e juice . Really thanks for your help and also others ! im sorry for these long questions but im quite new to the vaping world and im just loving it but its quite hard to master and know all the techniques and how to use them but i guess everyone should pass from this step :D . ( Im so into it and interested that im already thinking of upgrading tank and drip tip...etc xD ). thanks for your tips your the best <3

Yes it indeed the tfv8 tank and im using x baby t6 coil ( that was given with the box ) do you have any ideas of good coil to take ? Im new to smok vapes so i dont know nothing about them ( also forget to mention does the problem could come from the e juice i use ? I am using a grapd ejuice with ice with 6mg of nicotine )

It could be your juice, but I have been using 60VG 40PG in my Billow and get a great flavour and a far amount off vape production.
And that is only at 50 watts, The Billow is an RTA (Rebuildable. Tank. Atomizer.) which means you can make your own coils and put them in.
I have 2 Clapton Coils in my Billow with 5 wraps, reading 0.14ohms and it is a great vape. These Coils will last me about 2 month changing the cotton every 2 to 3 days and then I will just make another set. That is why I said in my last message to go for the RBA (Rebuildable Atomizer). You Can pick an x baby RBA up for as little as £7.50p on ebay and you can also get coils for them on ebay as well. It will save you in the long run.

It could be your juice, but I have been using 60VG 40PG in my Billow and get a great flavour and a far amount off vape production.
And that is only at 50 watts, The Billow is an RTA (Rebuildable. Tank. Atomizer.) which means you can make your own coils and put them in.
I have 2 Clapton Coils in my Billow with 5 wraps, reading 0.14ohms and it is a great vape. These Coils will last me about 2 month changing the cotton every 2 to 3 days and then I will just make another set. That is why I said in my last message to go for the RBA (Rebuildable Atomizer). You Can pick an x baby RBA up for as little as £7.50p on ebay and you can also get coils for them on ebay as well. It will save you in the long run.

It is Hamza's Juice. Being close to 50%pg and 50% VG makes it a MTL juice. which is to thin to produce the desired clouds. . @Reggiec . I used to like the billow myself but over time found better RTA's. The Kizoku Unlimit was only £9 may still be at ukvapekings and it will be one of the best £9 you have spent
@Hamza101 you need to add a 10ml 18mg nicotine shot to the Just jam to make 60ml og 3mg juice, don't worry the extra concentrate has been added to keep the flavour as it should for 60ml. I would buy nicotine in VG to keep the VG higher which should be good with the baby x. Buying the RBA is a good idea if you think you will stick to using the Baby x. Have you had leaks as well, i found thinner juice escapes over night so while using the thinner juices and even with thicker juice. This is why i gave upon Smok tanks.

Yes crustyfolker it is the juice but the stock coils are crap. They leak all the time as you say, and with 45vg 55pg it must be flying out. That's why I suggested the RBA. I have a couple of the Smok tanks and both with the stock coils leak. With 70vg 30pg. But with the RBA if wicked right it should be fine. The only reason I've tried the stock coils is they came with the tank. And thanks crustyfloker, I check out ukvapekings and the Kizoko Unlimit is still only £9. So defo going to get one, cheers mate.

Back
Top Bottom