What's new

Dry burn the coils or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I evenly spaced new alien SS 316L coils and dry burned them and yes, they heat evenly. But it takes so much time to evenly space those coils. Is there any tricks to help the process?

I evenly spaced new alien SS 316L coils and dry burned them and yes, they heat evenly. But it takes so much time to evenly space those coils. Is there any tricks to help the process?

Just keep it on coil jig / wand or screw driver and gently pull one leg away from you to create the space. How have you been doing it thus far?

Just keep it on coil jig / wand or screw driver and gently pull one leg away from you to create the space. How have you been doing it thus far?

I wrap the coil on jig by using my hand, putting a little space for each wrap then pull apart the legs and wraps until I got uniform space between each wrap. Sound easy but it takes a lot of time really. Perhaps the process will become faster with more practice...

I wrap the coil on jig by using my hand, putting a little space for each wrap then pull apart the legs and wraps until I got uniform space between each wrap. Sound easy but it takes a lot of time really. Perhaps the process will become faster with more practice...

I use a coil jig. When I'm happy with the coil and the amount of wraps I'll simply keep the coil in place on the jig then gently pull one leg away from me until I have the desired space between each wrap. Does that make sense?

It’s springy. After you wrap it just stretch it out and push it back a couple of times and it should be evenly spaced.

Never bothered myself but some people use screws or bolts, m2, m3, etc and wrap the wire following the thread and then unscrew.... Perfectly spaced.

It was in my understanding that dry burning is needed when installing new coils, to see if they are burning evenly and to check for heat spots as this all impacts on actual ohm's?
I've moved away from kanthal and probably will never use it again as ss316 is a flavoursome vape, still waiting for my brochrome to arrive to check that out!
I have never tried cotton bacon, but I am using IVUK premium cotton that comes in a tub - you don't have to faff around with it and peel off the layer to get at the fluffy middle in order to make your wicks :)

It was in my understanding that dry burning is needed when installing new coils, to see if they are burning evenly and to check for heat spots as this all impacts on actual ohm's?
I've moved away from kanthal and probably will never use it again as ss316 is a flavoursome vape, still waiting for my brochrome to arrive to check that out!
I have never tried cotton bacon, but I am using IVUK premium cotton that comes in a tub - you don't have to faff around with it and peel off the layer to get at the fluffy middle in order to make your wicks :)

These things aren’t problems for spaced coils. You only need to do it if you make a closed coil. Spaced coils are better anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom