What's new

Coils, Tanks and VG%

you wont be able to get to 12mg strength when using 1.8mg nic shots. you really need some 72% nic but its illega to buy in the uk (psst, google is your friend).
if you would rather stick to 1.8mg nic shots then 100% pg shots might be better in a mouth to lung tank.

Hello James, you have received some great info. I'm glad you stopped here for advice instead of just pitching all of your hard work to quit smoking and then returning to the fags. I agree with what has been said about your ejuice is just too thick for your coils and the honey, which is a sweetener will also degrade the longevity of your coil. However, just changing to a PG base for your nicotine, will thin the ejuice, and since PG is the carrier for the flavor you will get an added benefit of more flavor. Thanks for giving us a chance to help you.
JC

you wont be able to get to 12mg strength when using 1.8mg nic shots. you really need some 72% nic but its illega to buy in the uk (psst, google is your friend).
if you would rather stick to 1.8mg nic shots then 100% pg shots might be better in a mouth to lung tank.
Well spotted @MrDJ, I missed the OP saying 12mg strength. He will need higher strength nic.

Great, thanks for the advice. I prime the coils everytime and always build up the power gradually. I get one day of beautiful vaping, then burnt horrible taste which is just relentless now..

I was hoping diluting the VG would be possible and distilled water is a great shout! i also didnt realise you could buy PG nic. potentialy an easy fix here then...
PG nic will definitely thin the e juice but as @MrDJ said, to get 12mg strength overall, you wont be able to achieve that using 18mg nic shots without really diluting the flavour. 6mg is about the max u could go using shortfills.
Only other options to get that 12mg strength is to either mix ur own e liquid using concentrates or source higher strength nic.

If your adding 30ml of 18mg 100vg nicshot to a 50ml 70/30 shortfill you're getting 80ml liquid 6.75mg with approx 81/19 vg/pg

Using 3x18mg pg nicshots will change the vg/pg content to 43.75/56/25
Screenshot_20201123-180839.png

Using 2x 18mg pg and 1x 70/30 vg/pg nichots would get you closer to 50/50 @ 52.5/47.5 vg/pg
Screenshot_20201123-180945.png

Last edited:
All said.

Im a stock coil vaper. Just a couple of months since I started vaping I went DIY because of this, the coil life. I never burnt a coil in 2/3 days however, but 1 week is still bad for me.
I vape my own liquids (just base+nic+concentrate, no recipes...) at around 50/50 always, and coils last much more. Minimum 2 weeks each.

If your adding 30ml of 18mg 100vg nicshot to a 50ml 70/30 shortfill you're getting 80ml liquid 6.75mg with approx 81/19 vg/pg

Using 3x18mg pg nicshots will change the vg/pg content to 43.75/56/25
View attachment 232909

Using 2x 18mg pg and 1x 70/30 vg/pg nichots would get you closer to 50/50 @ 52.5/47.5 vg/pg
View attachment 232910
Because he started out with only vg nic shots, he might be able to squeeze an extra 10ml 50/50 in there and not effect taste too much because of the higher pg level.

Still will only be at 8mg but he will be dead on 50/50

Thanks for all your help guys. Using a fresh primed 1.2 coil and burning at 10w I had again 1 day of decent vaping. This morning burnt taste all over again... so frustrating. I have read through all the suggestions and have firstly ordered 1.0 coils and will change the nic shots over. Most of the PG nic shots seem to the the salt ones though. Is that right or am I just not looking right?

Thanks for all your help guys. Using a fresh primed 1.2 coil and burning at 10w I had again 1 day of decent vaping. This morning burnt taste all over again... so frustrating. I have read through all the suggestions and have firstly ordered 1.0 coils and will change the nic shots over. Most of the PG nic shots seem to the the salt ones though. Is that right or am I just not looking right?
You can get either/both, in PG and VG forms.

All nic salt shots will probably be pg, but not for freebase. Im in the states so we dont have them but maybe someone can post a link or something

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom