What's new

Coil is changing ohms....

Norwaype

Hi,guys
This has probably been asked before...but I'll ask anyway
My coil is changing ohms. On every puff, there is a new reading. Especially when I haven't been using it for a while. Have had a lot of drypuffs because of this.
My setup is an Expromizer tank(mtl) and an SXmini G-class mod.
Any idea how to fix this issue?

Hi,guys
This has probably been asked before...but I'll ask anyway
My coil is changing ohms. On every puff, there is a new reading. Especially when I haven't been using it for a while. Have had a lot of drypuffs because of this.
My setup is an Expromizer tank(mtl) and an SXmini G-class mod.
Any idea how to fix this issue?
It's normal for the coils resistance to change slightly due to heat fluctuations.
When you say change do you mean say from 1.6 to say 1.8 or are we talking a substantial change?
Hi and welcome btw.

The only reason i can think of would be a loose coil or threaded incorrectly, i am sure someone will be along with better explanations than me. It's just guesswork as i have never had it happen, also check your mod for any leakage from your Tank to your 510. Other than that check your settings and make sure your in the correct mode for what your vaping.

It's normal for the coils resistance to change slightly due to heat fluctuations.
When you say change do you mean say from 1.6 to say 1.8 or are we talking a substantial change?
Hi and welcome btw.
Thanks It changes from 0.3-1.6. And everything in between...
The posts are tight, and the 510 is also clean and tight...

The only reason i can think of would be a loose coil or threaded incorrectly, i am sure someone will be along with better explanations than me. It's just guesswork as i have never had it happen, also check your mod for any leakage from your Tank to your 510. Other than that check your settings and make sure your in the correct mode for what your vaping.
Everything is tighted and clean... And I am vaping on vw,30w. Have worked just fine until now...

I have real time resistance reading on my epetite, when I fire my coil it goes from 0.54 to 0.61 (stainless steel) it's just the heat causing the resistance change. If I turn it up a couple of watts it goes up to 0.63

as @StrawberryRipple says, it depends what we are talking about.

Ah second post approval delayed reply.
No thats not normal as its such a difference.
Somethings not right somewhere.
Strip the lot and clean it before putting it back together taking care to make sure everything is as should.
Check the seals are intact and theres not any stray material in there anywhere.

yeah, that's bad ... what is the coil supposed to be roughly?

If it's dropping in resistance that would suggest an intermittent short somewhere.

.... or the mod's board is fried, I suppose... do you have another tank you can put on it just to check the mod is fine?

If you are sure everything is checked an ok.... mod n all, then I would completely strip down the tank... 510 pin the lot as far as it can and clean

Back
Top Bottom