What's new

Coil building tools

Nightroamer

Initiate
Hi All,

I am looking for some recommendations for coil building kits.

I know the Coil Master V3 is for sale everywhere and seems to be about £40.

Can anyone recommend any other kits including and Ohm meter, cutters and tweezers and some coil winding jigs.

I dont mind bying all seperately, the only thing that concerns me is the Ohm meter / coil test box and getting something that is junk.

Any common kits used by people on here, i understand that everyone is different.

thanks

Tom.

It all depends what you already own when it comes down to buying a kit or not...

The coil master kit is quality and you and keeps it all neat and tidy and I'm a messy bugger... but if you already own bits and bobs then not really worth it.

I'm not overly impressed with the ohms reader and there are better ones around but it does what is says on the tin.

I can certainly give you recommendations for buying things separately...

Screwdrivers go for Wera

Scissors I like these....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Korda-NE...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

The coilmaster coiling jigs are the best.

tweezers and the likes I bought from FT or gearbest.

cheers

Gaz

hi i use the coil master coil winding jig kit and find it very easy to work with and as for a ohm meter if you are using a mech mod you will need one but if you are using a temp mod then you dont really need one as your mod will tell you what ohms your coils are hope this helps you out a bit..

Thanks Guys

I dont really have much as i keep most hand tools down the workshop so will never be able to find them ;)

Ohm meter i would prefer to use for testing and building coils on for comfort as well as peace of mind.

I do like the look of the coilmaster jigs, dont even have any drill bits or old screwdrivers anymore (had a bit of a purge)

I will have a google..... thanks :)

hi most ohm meters are good the one i use a lot is a cheap basic onethat i got from e-bay for about £5 i think it was at the time its got no name ive also got a coil master one and i get the same readings from both of them so really the choice is yours on how much you want to spend on one you will also need some good cotton as well something like cotton bacon..

Thanks yes i recently picked up some cotton bacon and also so pre made catapiler coils which i want to winf one further turn but have no jig :(

I will have a look on ebay and see what they offer.

I'm not massively experienced in this area but I've just purchased vape outlaws kit .£20 including ohm meter .. all feels decent quality ..not cheap shit .. ohms reader has a fire button so you can complete your build off mod .. I'm pleased with it anyway [emoji16]

Back
Top Bottom