What's new

Cleaning stock coils!

Some of them you can strip out the old cotton , dry burn em , and re wick . Innokin horizontals come out as good as new after that .

the idea was at first to collect a few then try the clean but it just grew and grew. that was after 2 years and the past year theve just gone in the bin.
I got 3 coolfire 4 with iSub G tanks that I steam (get it :D) through! Was thinking for that lol. But that bottle of stuff ain't cheap!

i did think of doing this in the past with vodka but changed my mind put the vodka in a glass topped up with coke and ice had a nice drink will my stock coils were in the sonic cleaner in the end coils looked great i was over the moon two days later coils were dry and ready to go but they were shit just glad i never wasted the vodka on em:D....

Don’t think it’s really worth the hassle I mean stock coils aren’t that expensive..
When I go through one of my “right time to try a load of different juices I just rinse coil in warm water dry it off with a bit of kitchin towel and blow dry it for about 30 seconds over the back of a dyson handheld with the back filter off..you get nice warm strong air..then crack on and repeat until I find a juice to stick with...must admit not found another one yet..
I’m Using innokin zenith coils and are fine being washed..

I did try this on many an occasion (mainly with my kanger tech sub-vod and innokin t22's ) I was eventually banned by my OH because I was routinely legless on Russian vodka on the pretence I was "cleaning coils"

Some of them you can strip out the old cotton , dry burn em , and re wick . Innokin horizontals come out as good as new after that .

Yeah, I’ve got a couple knocking about for isub and they’re ace!

Just a shame they moved entirely to Vertical coils (as far as I know).

Generally if I’m swapping flavours I just add the new one in. Depends on the flavours (menthol never goes away), but usually the old flavour is more or less gone once it’s cleared the wick.

Yeah, I’ve got a couple knocking about for isub and they’re ace!

Just a shame they moved entirely to Vertical coils (as far as I know).
I've only been buying the iSub coils for a couple of months, from amazon, China and wholesale coils when I found out about them and they've all been horizontal, so fingers crossed.

I've hauled out the old cotton, but not got any further yet coz all the tanks I could dry burn them in are still n use! Next time one of them fails I'm gonna dry burn, wick and stick a bit of juice in to see how it goes :)

Thanks @burnt fingers :D

Wondering if I can do it to the nautilus coils lol :D

Back
Top Bottom